Is it against the law to have several firearms and lots of ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    If lovin' you is wrong... I don't wanna be right... ;)

scaled.php

:drool:

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Owning alot of firearms and alot of ammo is illegal, so is owning one and carrying it openly! And if you must never store ammo with a firearm, it is dangerous. Always make sure when you carry your firearms the they are not loaded, it is also illegal to carry a loaded firearm.

I had a small accumulation of firearms and ammo, but I moved recently and cannot find them. Glad I lost them. I've nothing to worry about possessing such an illegal quantity.

(Should I have put that in purple?)

:D

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Someone should have told me about the dangers of watching "Ice Road Truckers" and then loading up every firearm and cartridge I had on the old snowmobile for a leisurely spin around Reiden lake. Maybe I should have got off the lake when I noticed it was so mushy. I dunno. Sure was disappointing watching all of that hardware slip beneath the ice. Darn early thaw.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    YES! It's highly illegal so just give me your address and I'll be over to pick up all your contraband so you won't get into trouble with the Regime. I care about my friends. ;)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, just like possessing more than 1oz of mary jane constitutes "possession with intent to distribute" (rather than possession with intent to not run out for a while), having more than one firearm or more than two full loads constitutes "being armed with the intent to go on a schoolyard shooting spree". It makes sense once you've been through the government training. Or something.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    To actually bring this thread back around (sorry) - I know it's illegal to posses ammo in caliber that you can't use in the DC. Are there other such restrictions on quantities or calibers in other states? (ignoring bullet types here)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    My brother and I watch the TV and when they show the "bad guy" with all his EVIL weapons, we both laugh, and are like, really? we bring more then that out for a light day out on the range. Guess if you are a reporter and sheltered its all a matter of prospective. Apparently some of the police that I had seen working are sheltered too. Kinda sad. Id bring them all out to the range, but cant be responsible for any heart attacks when they see all those people just shooting, all sorts of guns, and more then just one or two as well.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Guess if you are a reporter and sheltered its all a matter of prospective.
    At the risk of repeating myself, here is what I wrote in another thread.

Here's the problem. We have reporters reporting on things they don't know anything about and have no business reporting on. Not a single reporter will stand up and point out that what the legislator is saying is wrong or ask a question about it. I am talking about all issues all over the US. These people don't know or understand science, history, political policy, the trades, art as it relates to modern architecture, monuments, or memorials (things important to society), firearms, the prosecution of war, you name it. While they *may* be able to write in standard English (and I stress the word "may") they are functionally illiterate as it relates to almost any and all subject matter.

You might as well have five year olds writing our news (when they aren't out grabbing OCers sidearms). They have about as much ability and knowledge of the world.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Here's the problem. We have reporters reporting on things they don't know anything about and have no business reporting on. Not a single reporter will stand up and point out that what the legislator is saying is wrong or ask a question about it. I am talking about all issues all over the US. These people don't know or understand science, history, political policy, the trades, art as it relates to modern architecture, monuments, or memorials (things important to society), firearms, the prosecution of war, you name it. While they *may* be able to write in standard English (and I stress the word "may") they are functionally illiterate as it relates to almost any and all subject matter.

You might as well have five year olds writing our news (when they aren't out grabbing OCers sidearms). They have about as much ability and knowledge of the world.

Not only do our reporters have no clue on what they are reporting on, our politicians have no idea what is in the bills they are voting on. Heck, why should anyone have a clue anymore. Thanks for reposting this, as I had not read it before. Someone else posted that our country was founded by smart men, being torn down by those that do not understand that. You could say that about anything. Most things need at least some level of intelligence to keep running. As it seems to be going, idiotcracy seems to be like a future documentary. :twocents:

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN

The word you really wanted to use (from the description) is ignorant. They are completely ignorant, and blissfully so.

Have you ever noticed that a news person who goes into a war zone, even those with leftward leanings and liberal ideas, returns changed and is far less critical of guns and gun laws when they come back? Just a week or two where America's finest protect their lives with a firearm, and they all see and realize the value.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    :dunno:
    I think they added the comments about the guns and ammo because he was a convicted felon in possession of them.

Many news stories of legally owned weapons and ammo where the citizen was arrested for not watering his begonias enough or too much or some other such nonsense and the story ends with "the suspect had several high powered assault pistols, multiple show automatic clips with thingys on the end that go up as well as over 200 rounds of bullets in the things you put in the assault butterknife were confiscated when the swat team broke in the apartment door, killed the mans goldfish, tromped on his flowers. . . . . .

you get the picture.

or you don't. whichever is easier for you to believe.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You need to read more carefully my friend and then look up sarcasm..........Or I could write everything in purple. Not my style tho, sorry. Guh Guh Guh Guh (avatar speak)

p.s. I'm the smart*ss your mother warned you about.

Increasing the noise to signal ratio in every thread. Are you begging for shooter status?

Top Bottom