Is concealing ever supposed to be comfortable...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Mine's VERY comfortable.

Glock 19 and a Cross Breed SuperTuck at 3:30-4:30.

I was 265 last year, when I bought my rig, now I'm down to 220 (I'm 6'4"), and it's always been comfy.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Actually from what I have read, it's easier for us "big guys" to carry concealed. I carry my XDsc in a Kholster for HOURS comfortably. I have gone almost 12 hours with it. The keys I have found for me are:

Position: 4 o'clock
    Good belt
    Pants that are slightly too big (by about one size)

I also OC a bit, usually when it is just a quick trip and thrown on my paddle holster.

Edit: Someone once said: "Carrying is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable."
    ..but I think it can be both.

four oclock is perfect for us big guys, i hardly notice the g19 chillin on the side of my fat azz

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I carry a public defender in my cowboy boots and I can barely tell it is there. But in the summer with shorts I use the same holser inside my pants you can see a few inches or a Don Hume pancack holster OC with my Ruger.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Carry concealed is comforting, not comfortable.

But anything you can do make it more comfortable is a good thing, provided it's not at the expense of good tactics or mechanics when drawing the gun.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Carry concealed is comforting, not comfortable.

But anything you can do make it more comfortable is a good thing, provided it's not at the expense of good tactics or mechanics when drawing the gun.

Is that yet another jab at Open Carry or saying that "deep concealment" really isn't that useful in a self defense scenario?

When I carry concealed it is a 3" 1911 in a Galco King Tuk. Super comfortable.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    5'8" 220 lbs. Desantis on a Beltman 1.5 @ 4-5 oclock. Desantis holster was made for the FNP 40, now it carries Springfield XD 9.

If I'm wearing my pants , I'm wearing my gun, usually over a tee shirt tucked and an open light sport shirt. That way I can go either way.

All day long and most of the night. Very comfortable and comforting.

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I carry an xd compact .45 with a cross breed holster. Its comfortabe for about 6 hrs if I am wearing a good gun belt. it took some getting used to but it is fairly comfortable and I am also not carrying that setup every day. I mostly have a db .380 on me. Easier to disarm to go into work.

Top Bottom