• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've only used them once, but they had what I couldn't find and at a good price. They quoted me 7-10 days shipping (during their big shipping delay recently) and it arrived in under a week. Gun shop did the transfer with no issues for $15 but they did talk about raising their transfer fee to $75 for Buds transfers if it was a gun they could readily get. I guess I kinda understand that and at least they said they would still charge the normal fee if it was something they couldn't readily get.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    I have purchased numerous firearms from Budsgunshop.com and have never had a problem. Many local FFL's don't like Bud's probably due to all the business Bud's is getting. Bud's has become the Walmart of the internet gun market.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Any FFL that charges $100 for a transfer is nothing but a crook, no matter what their excuses may be.

Their point is that they would rather not have any business dealings with that company. There are LGSs in the area that won't even accept anything from Bud's. Why do you think that happened?

How either makes a LGS a crook, is beyond my comprehension.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I would have to agree. What extra trouble are they saddled with to warrant the high fee?

The brick and mortar LGS has greater overhead, and facilitating purchases and all the headaches from Bud's, for the measly $20......isn't worth the time or expense.

I believe that Plainfield Shooting Supply, for instance, will not accept anything from Bud's.

Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I have thought about ordering from them a time or two, but every time my LGS has had what I was looking for and was able to get very close to Bud's price. I would not hesitate to order from them based on what I have heard, and if they had something I just could not get anywhere else. Of course, these days its hard to get nearly anything.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've bought six guns from Bud's - never had an issue, and the FFL's I've used for the transfer have charged between $15 and $25. I preferentially buy from my LGS, but have no qualms about buying from Bud's if the LGS doesn't have what I'm looking for. It's usually not a price issue, as my LGS will most often come close to matching the price from Bud's + the FFL transfer charge.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The brick and mortar LGS has greater overhead, and facilitating purchases and all the headaches from Bud's, for the measly $20......isn't worth the time or expense.

I believe that Plainfield Shooting Supply, for instance, will not accept anything from Bud's.
    Rubbish. A transfer is free money, in almost every sense of the word. All the FFL is doing is having you fill out a 4473 and making a call. That's not worth $100 bucks and most FFL's charge nowhere even near that amount. I'd say 20-30 is the average and lower than that is not unheard of. $100 bucks is robbery.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Rubbish. A transfer is free money, in almost every sense of the word.

Apparently you have little knowledge of business economics.

All the FFL is doing is having you fill out a 4473 and making a call.

You really don't have any idea of everything involved in a gun shop receiving a firearm, do you? Its not all about just you.

Even after the 4473 and phone call is made, its not all done.

That's not worth $100 bucks and most FFL's charge nowhere even near that amount. I'd say 20-30 is the average and lower than that is not unheard of. $100 bucks is robbery.

This response isn't a flame, but if you don't have the necessary knowledge to form an informed opinion, you really don't have the requisite background to offer an opinion upon any particular LGS's placement of value upon any service.....including a transfer.

But riddle me this: How come a number of LGSs won't do business with Bud's?

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've done business with them once. They had the M&P compact I was looking for at a great price and in stock during an M&P sale they had a couple years ago. I read a bunch of negative reviews about them (mostly related to slow shipping and being a PITA in regards to returns). To give myself a little extra comfort, I just picked up the phone and called them - asked a couple of questions about reasonable card charge to ship times and their returns process. Got a really nice guy on the phone, took down his name, and hung up. Placed my order online, got tracking info the next evening and picked up my gun @ my ffl the same day he received it. Smooth transaction - not sure if the extra step of calling did anything but the guy I talked to was extremely pleasant and happy to answer my questions. I'd go to them again if I needed anything I couldn't find locally.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Depends on how many times said ffl has been burned on shipping fees/restocking fees. It is their business and they can charge whatever they want right? If I were to buy something from Brad special order and stiff him with it, odds are he will start charging a nonrefundable deposit, very similar to ffl transfer fees. $100 seems high, but then again buds charges a 15% restocking fee.

Rubbish. A transfer is free money, in almost every sense of the word. All the FFL is doing is having you fill out a 4473 and making a call. That's not worth $100 bucks and most FFL's charge nowhere even near that amount. I'd say 20-30 is the average and lower than that is not unheard of. $100 bucks is robbery.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I went in there one day and was going to buy a Sig P220 .22 pistol. When I was filling out the paperwork, I noticed the pistol didn't have a magazine in it. The clerk told me they had lost the mag. I asked if he could discount the gun by the price of a magazine and he said no. I asked if he could give me a different Sig mag to make up the difference and he said no. I ended up tearing up my paperwork to have it shipped to my dealer and taking the paperwork with me because I never planned to do business with them again. Who sells a semi-auto pistol without a magazine?
    On the other hand, my brother-in-law has bought a couple guns there and he likes them.

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    I bought a CZ 452 Trainer and Ruger Mk III Standard off them and every thing went well. In a few cases they have the wrong picture of item so be sure and read descriptin.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    complaints

The complaints appear to be (at a glance) from people who dont understand a contract and dont read what they are committing to...buds does not cut you any slack if you want to change your order...all sales are final once you receive the firearm just like any gunstore...it says all over the website that the items in the picture may not be what you are getting and there is a 10% restocking fee if you cancel...cant get out of that ...i have purchase 2-3 guns from them with no problems
    Bud's Gun Shop Reviews - budsgunshop.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Those have gotta be some of the worst reviews Ive ever seen...whats up with that? I thought everyone loved that place lol...

Top Bottom