• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have only bought from them twice, but I was happy with the price & handguns both times. But they are sllllooooowwww to ship.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Last time I used them they were fast, the price was right and I was satisfied. Never have had a bad experience with them. Are they hard to communicate with? Yep. But, I don't let that bother me. Lots of other places are worse.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have heard a lot of bad stories about dealing with them.

There is a reason a few local dealers charge 100 bucks to do a trasfer from them, and its not the profit margin. Its because they are a PITA to deal with if the gun ever has to go back.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've used Bud's twice, and I've not had any problems at all. Good communication. Fast shipping. Guns were BNIB. No complaints.

Plus, my FFL only charged me $25 for the transfer.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Bear in mind also, there's a negative bias to reviews; if everything goes to expectation you're far less likely to say so than if something chaps you.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've bought from them one time. I had a good experience.

But, I'm quite sure that my CC info was compromised when they were "hacked" not all that long ago. That happened not long after my purchase.

I ended up with some fraudulent charges on my CC. Could've been another handful of websites I bought from using that CC, but BGS was the only one I heard about having been compromised.

I don't hold the above against BGS, however. (Well, maybe a little bit as their web security was lacking a bit)

-J-

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Bought from them once. Shipping was slow compared to many online purchases. Rifle was brand new, and priced lower than anywhere else I'd seen it. I'd buy from them again if I'm not lusting too hard.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I've bought from Buds four times in the last year and have been well pleased with their service. Shipping has always been fast to my FFL I will continue doing business with them as long as they give great service.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Several purchases from Bud's and I'm very satisfied. They do suffer a bit from slow shipping but their prices are almost impossible to beat. They have a constantly changing inventory of good used guns with actual pictures, too plus they have 90 day layaway.

I try to use my local guy if I can but when Bud's is over $100 or more cheaper I can't pass it up. I can wait the extra couple of days to ship in order to save that kind of coin.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I dont really mind slow shipping as long as everything goes smoothly. How long are we talking, exactly?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've done layaway the last 2 times I've used them and after the funds clear it might take a couple of days. Occasionally they may have to have a hot selling item dropped shipped from another location and that may add to the ship time but it shouldn't be anything drastic.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I bought a couple guns frmo them, but you have to understand exactly what you are buying, and that you are getting Price and Quality, not service. A couple years ago Buds had deals on just aobut everything that made brick and mortar gunstores while awake at night worried about their businesses future. Now, Buds is very hit or miss on what's a good deal there. Lately from what I can tell it's been more of a miss.

With Buds, you have to make sure you're basing the purchase off the model number and not the picture on the screen. You have to make sure you absolutely understand what you're purchasing and everything will be fine. Otherwise...... you're in for a real headache because the reason they can sell guns so cheap is because they don't hire people to take care of customer problems. Good luck getting anyone on the phone or getting an email response within a week. I've only called and emailed with questions before a purchase, never with a complaint or problem.

An FFL transfer should be no more than $20. A guy in Fort Wayne does them for $10 and gets my business entirely because of it.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I would have to agree. What extra trouble are they saddled with to warrant the high fee?

I have only heard 3 or 4 stories, and most of them go like this.

Customer buys gun, gets wrong gun. Wrong sights, some small issue, etc. wont take it, tells dealer to ship it back, buds wont pay return shipping, customer wont take gun, dealer is out the return shipping, and the restocking fee.

Thats the story I hear, dunno if its true or not. But I have heard it several times.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Bud's outline's exactly how they operate and how to return guns on their site. But people prefer to just blindly order something then ***** later because they didn't use dodeligence.

My FFL gets numerous guns PER day from Buds. He's been processing FFL guns for years and has never had a problem with them.

Bud's plainly states on their site that the pictures may not represent exact gun. They state they will ship in 3-7 working days. They don't promise immediate shipping.

In most of purchases's arrived in 3 days. Only one took longer it took 8.

I've made 5 purchase's from Buds with no problems. 2 of the guns being used, and recieved in actually better condition than Bud's described.

Most of the reviews on that site are because people didn't bother to understand what they were buying nor Bud's policy's.

If they truely sucked as bad as the reviews on that site say, they'd have been gone a long time ago.

Top Bottom