Is anyone else tired of Flo, Scot and the Sisters of Savings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I like Flo. I'd hit that.

I like the gecko, the cavemen, the "happier than a . . ." and all of the other Geico ads except for the googly eyes (mostly because of the Rockwell song).

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The guy I can stand is Fred Grody. "A dealer fooooor the people!" I turn the radio every time I hear his voice. I've been tempted to call in to 93.3 and tell them so, but as yet I have not. Very irritating commercials.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    For me, it's gotta be the Jewelry Store commercials...Shane Company, Distinctive Diamonds, and all those others who rave on about how Indianapolis has the best diamonds in the world since they have special buyers in Antwerp or TelAviv or some other F'ing place that's remote and vaguely intriguing. Honestly, I'd take double Flo over these twits.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    I can't stand the sisters. This month they have no used inventory, next month they over ordered new cars and need to move them, and then they are out of used inventory again. Can't they learn inventory control and double check their orders to the factory?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I can't stand the sisters. This month they have no used inventory, next month they over ordered new cars and need to move them, and then they are out of used inventory again. Can't they learn inventory control and double check their orders to the factory?

I took about a year of marketing and business in college; they have a winning combination, disparaging aside:
    They use female voices (two) as figureheads of a local business, add seasonal or popular knowledge events hints and cues to make the commercial identifiable, and they always put a sense of urgency (get it now before we run out, we're overstocked and it HAS to go). These are all things that put male buyers, the general buyers of automobiles (yes, there are statistics, I can't remember them) in the "awhhhh" mode and adds urgency.

If one honestly believes that they are "overstocked" or "accidentally ordered too much", they are going to be taken for a ride in the real world... :D

Flo has panned out and they need to retire the singing commercials soon. Average life expectancy of a successful ad campaign is about 6 months, they are overdoing it.

If people think that complaining about an ad being "annoying" is going to get it pulled, not going to happen. Radio stations are on the bubble as it is and aren't going to kill off their funding by telling a major partner to beat feet. Gotta take a societal edge with it: "I find Flo's anti-(insert something completely stupid here, but believable) offensive and you need to pull it", THEN you might have something. :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been tired of the "Sisters of savings" for a long time now, and routinely change the radio station when they pop on.

That, and the "removed voicebox" anti-smoking ad.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I've been tired of the "Sisters of savings" for a long time now, and routinely change the radio station when they pop on.

That, and the "removed voicebox" anti-smoking ad.
    Same here... I can't stand Monica Peck and Courtney Cole. I change the station every time.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I tried to look up "sisters of saving." THIS thread was the fourth link in google. :ingo: (EDIT: Oh - radio. That's why I don't listen to commercial radio)

As for Flo, I find her endearing. :dunno: (I won't be as base as other have been in mentioning their desires)

The Scot's guy, meh. He won't last.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, I'll be all base up in ya with Flo. Commercials are supposed to be annoying. That's how they draw your attention.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Annoyance is just one of many methods to draw attention.

I am trying to resist showcasing the irony here.

By failing, I add an additional layer of irony by being the incredibly annoying individual pointing the finger. Oh, yes!

​rhino out!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am trying to resist showcasing the irony here.

By failing, I add an additional layer of irony by being the incredibly annoying individual pointing the finger. Oh, yes!

​rhino out!

What you didn't do there, and then in turn did do by not doing it... I saw it.

Top Bottom