• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If I win the Powerball and/or MegaMillions this weekend, I'll jump into the "car scene"

First thing's first, though. I'd spend quality time and quality money getting driving instruction.

Nissan GT-R would be a plaything
    Introducing the 2014 Nissan GT-R®

Either a Bently Continental GT or a Porche Panamera for a "family cruiser". No kids allowed, though. At least until they're out of the car seats / booster seats. :D

Bentley Motors Website : Models : Continental GT

Panamera Turbo Executive - All Panamera Models - All Porsche Vehicles - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

I thought about the Ferrari FF, but knowing that there isn't a "local" dealership has put the kibosh on that idea.

Ferrari FF

For more mundane every-day drivers, I'd have a hard time choosing between a big AMG Mercedes, a BMW 7 / Alpina B7, Jaguar XJR, or an Audi S8.

S63 AMG Luxury Sports Sedan | Mercedes-Benz

BMW Alpina - Model Overview - BMW North America

Build Your Own Jaguar | Jaguar USA

Audi S8 > Audi of America

Maseratti doesn't get a chance here, either. No dealer support in Indiana.

For "inclement weather" / winters, a G-wagen from Mercedes is tempting.

Mercedes-Benz USA - 2013 G63

Infinity QX56 always seems to catch my eyes, too. I'm sure that'd be on the radar.

2013 Infiniti QX56 Models & Pricing | Infiniti USA

And honestly, the Toyota Sequoia and Land Cruiser would get serious consideration as well.

My wife: She can have whatever she wants. It'd probably be a full sized P/U with a short bed. :D

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My car history:
    beretta4small.jpg

Neat little car, but I always wished they would have used the 3800 Series II or even the supercharged 3800 Series II engine.

GTP27small.jpg

Wanted a V8 F-body but decided FWD would be better for Indiana winters so I went with the supercharged V6. It now has 105000 miles and still going. The sun has taken its toll on the paint after 11 years but I still drive it through the winters and rain storms. Added a smaller supercharger pulley, some exhaust work, and PCM tuning.

GXP34.jpg

Finally got my V8. Proud to own the most powerful pontiac ever produced. Got it before Pontiac disappeared in 09. With 415 HP and a true manual I haven't felt the need to do anything with the engine yet. Have given it an audio upgrade as the stock system had no bass response at all.

My brother has an 88 Monte Carlo that he's probably going to restore and an 06 GTO. Dad's got a 72 Chevy Malibu that's been properly restored. There's just something about a big V8 engine that can't be reproduced with the forced induction 4s and 6s.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Though I am still young at 25, I have been into cars since before I could legally drive. Have owned many different vehicles but the ones I liked the most :

-92 civic hatch: Did B18 non vtech swap for a short time, ended up going back to d15z1, turbo, front mount, FMU, strut braces, coil overs, exhaust, the usual. was a blast to take through twisties.

-87 Jeep Mj. 4.0, AW4, 231, high pinion D44 and ford 9 inch, welded front diff & factory lsd rear, 5:13's, 35's, custom radius arm front suspension, DOM & hiem steering and track bar up front, custom bastard pack rear, custom bumpers, 8k winch, warn lockouts. Thing was a blast to wheel(rock crawl)

Now I have a 97 jeep xj that I dd on 31 AT's, 3.5 Inch lift, and trimmed fenders with the cut and fold done to the rear.

Also have my 09 yamaha fz6r with a few mods like, custom exhaust, power commander 5, lowered, racetech fork springs and heavier oil, airbox mod, K&n high flow filter, AIR block off plates, fz1 bars, shorty levers, mirrors, flush mounts, rear fender eliminator, and a few other things.

Only pics I can find of the 92 civic hatch(aka ricer)

87 mj

most recent pic of the 6r(not all mods done in this pic)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have been in the car scene my whole life. My father restored a 1963 Pontiac LeMans convert around the time I was born, sold it when I was around 8. I loved that car and wish I could remember more about it. Didn't have anything for a couple years til he got a 1993 Fox body convert, that was a fun car.

When it was time for me to get a car (15) I bought a 1972 VW Bus, because my dad was restoring 1959 Beetle at that time. I never did get to drive it because I didn't have my license. Pic of the Beetle

My brothers first vehicle was this 1991 S10, fun truck built 4.3 v6

I restored this 1972 Cheyenne with my father a couple years ago, took us 18 months. I like an idiot only drove it for 1 summer before I sold it because I wanted the money. Worst decision I ever made, but turned out well in the end.

It had a balanced and blueprinted by me (with help) 355 made around 350 hp. was fun while it lasted and I regret selling it, but will build another soon.

Did this 1975 Trans Am for a friend dying of cancer. My father lead the whole thing, I helped a bunch and we had lots of help from parts doners and the rest of the shop we work at. Finished it in 2 weeks. Owner died about a month later, but got to drive it before he did!

And finally with the money I made from selling my '72 Cheyenne I bought this 1957 Chevy 210! It already has an LT1 and 4L60E from a '96 camaro.

In the works, Plans are to bag it so she lays frame.

Those are the most important ones to me... Many others in between but those are the ones I will never forget.

Jon

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Impressive Rusty
    Thanks! Coming from you that means a lot.
    what the heck happened to that chevy?
    From what I'm told it was restored around 2000 and wrecked around 2008. Came out of Michigan, I bought it from a guy in Gaston, IN who was going to restore it. I've tried to get ahold of the old owners to find out what happened but haven't been able to get any contact info. We had to get a new frame, because it has been hit before and a part of the frame was replaced and it is kinked too badly in front of the rear wheel. Idk what they hit or what hit them, but they hit hard.

Jon

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks! Coming from you that means a lot.

From what I'm told it was restored around 2000 and wrecked around 2008. Came out of Michigan, I bought it from a guy in Gaston, IN who was going to restore it. I've tried to get ahold of the old owners to find out what happened but haven't been able to get any contact info. We had to get a new frame, because it has been hit before and a part of the frame was replaced and it is kinked too badly in front of the rear wheel. Idk what they hit or what hit them, but they hit hard.

Jon

I grew up with tri-5's as a norm. Owned so many of them over the years I could kick myself repeatedly for not keeping a few of them. I love the post cars and would die for another 210.
    My last post car was a 65 Biscayne and I still have dreams about that one.
    Nice efforts Rusty. I see you are well on your way.......:yesway:

Edit...The pic is my Biscayne after winning class at the Drag News Nationals. You can see where I pulled off some decals and paint came with it. 4,200 Lbs with me in the seat and ran 11.80s through the mufflers on motor. Opened up and sprayed would go deep 11's. Traction was an issue with this tune up.

391 stroker with all the goods. 600+ crankshaft without the spray.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I grew up with tri-5's as a norm. Owned so many of them over the years I could kick myself repeatedly for not keeping a few of them. I love the post cars and would die for another 210.
    My last post car was a 65 Biscayne and I still have dreams about that one.
    Nice efforts Rusty. I see you are well on your way.......:yesway:

Edit...The pic is my Biscayne after winning class at the Drag News Nationals. You can see where I pulled off some decals and paint came with it. 4,200 Lbs with me in the seat and ran 11.80s through the mufflers on motor. Opened up and sprayed would go deep 11's. Traction was an issue with this tune up.

391 stroker with all the goods. 600+ crankshaft without the spray.

I was really close to buying a straight, solid, but very ugly (worst paint I've seen) 1965 Biscayne. I kick myself for not buying it as it was in good enough shape mechanically that it could have been a daily driver. A fresh paint/interior and a mild 350 would have made a decent cruiser.

I'd like to pick up a pre-1960 Chevy truck. Wouldn't mind building some sort of old wagon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was really close to buying a straight, solid, but very ugly (worst paint I've seen) 1965 Biscayne. I kick myself for not buying it as it was in good enough shape mechanically that it could have been a daily driver. A fresh paint/interior and a mild 350 would have made a decent cruiser.

I'd like to pick up a pre-1960 Chevy truck. Wouldn't mind building some sort of old wagon.

I will have to dig up some pics of our 1978 Malibu wagon. Interior was the absolute worst color on the planet...Baby blue. Silver faded body. We built a 355 4 bolt for it. Decent heads, manifold, holly Pro-injection, hyd. roller, MSD bits, headers and a 4 speed. Total sleeper. My best was a 12.96 and the son was low 13's. Great fun car. I have considered doing it again.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wow, very cool '65 Biscayne. That is actually one of my dream cars! One of those with a '63 Pontiac tempest and a '55 Chevy nomad and I'd be set! Ive got many dream cars, but those 3 are my tops.

Jon

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love the big GM body styles from the early 60's. Growing up in that era these were the cars I saw daily. I was 15 when the 65's were built.
    The 63 Tempest was a cool car. It was very cool with the 326.
    Nomads have a unique and rare personality. I had 2 "55" 2 door delivery's in the early 70's. 1 had been a gasser with straight axle that a friend owns to this day. The other was a V-8 stick that I really liked but traded for a 40 Willy's coupe. The coupe was one of Norm Paddocks gassers and we put a 427 chevy in it and I drove it daily until some nut offered a 1964 Dodge Polara 426 4 speed for it. Of course I traded. Crazy times.

Top Bottom