Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's a good point. Anyone opposing accountability should be absolutely angry at the procecutors who kept letting people arrested on one night for violence, go free in time to get arrested again the next night for the same violent acts. And his president and vice president bailed them out.

Seems by his own standards that his president and vice president are both fascist tyrants…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s a trick question, obviously, but…

…Neither.

Beyond that it’s a game of semantics. What definitions are we working from? What time period and what group, specifically? Are we limiting the discussion to historical Fascism, Itialian-style? Are we talking about the more nebulous “fascist ideology” that began to solidify in the post-war years?

This is exactly what I want to avoid in our discussions here.
    It's not a trick question. It's not a game. Fascism is what its inventors say it is. You want to know what fascism is? Ask Mussolini. Ask DeAmbris. Ask Marinetti. Don't ask a Democrat. They think everyone who disagrees with them is one. And don't ask a Trumper. Most think it's a left wing ideology.

All these other ways we adopted the term are just in service of disenfranchising points of view, though, it's fair to point out how similar to fascism Joe Biden has behaved through the pandemic, using private businesses to promote his agenda and the like.

So. Is Trump a fascist? No. Trump is an egomaniac, a blowhard, cult of personality, at least a little, who has to make everything about himself, but incidentally happened to mostly put forth America-first policies that helped Americans in their daily lives.

Is Biden a fascist? No. Joe Biden is a senile, incompetent, totalitarian ideologue who throws ideology at every problem, but calls everyone who disagrees with him a fascist.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I don‘t recall Hillary holding a rally outside the White House to tell her people that ”we’re going to walk down to Portland together” or anything like that, if that’s what you mean.
    1967?

Hippies, probably?

I’m going with hippies. Final answer.
    The dissembling and obfuscation is enlightening, and seems at odds with your stated reason for being here. If 1\6 was a fascist insurrection, what would you call the attack on the white house that jamil referred to? It was serious enough that Trump was rushed to the bunker for his security. YOUR media made fun of him for "hiding" from YOUR mob rather than call it an insurrection as they did when THEIR political opposition did something similar. And you don't even remember, or do you? It's glaring hypocrisy like this that prevents people like me from taking people you seriously when you say you're just here to gain perspective. It seems you're not interested in the perspective of the other side, you're either here to troll or brush up on propaganda tactics. Of course, feel free to change our minds about your reason for being here. If you'd like to be consistent in calling spades spades, I'm open to changing my mind.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Okay. So left says Trump is a fascist. Right says Biden is a fascist.

LG. Who's right?

Hint. The prize likely goes to people who know what fascism is and what it is not.
    “Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you are asking if they were my mob, I can assure you it was not my mob…

…Mine was tearing up my own house, as usual.
    I think it's fair to say if you're on the left, and you support those who are, that this smells like it's not in good faith. This feels like you're giving lip service to accountability when someone brings up a point you can't honestly deny. So admitting the thing you can't deny is a way to dispense with it while not actually dealing with it.

I think if you're trying to be sideless, you'd say the things that are relevantly true and false. Can you condemn Democrats for anything? I'm not saying you have to stop voting for them. If other priorities outweigh all the bad **** your party does, you can still admit the wrong, condemn them for it, maybe even, if you really care that your side is doing wrong, take those to task within your circle who are doing it, or supporting it. Is there a left wing analog of INGO you're on taking these people to task for all this ****?

And I'm not saying I'm completely without a side. I am partisan like anyone else. But if something is real, it shouldn't matter whose side notices it. And I'll point out a little partisanship here. It looks to me like you would rather take the right wing to task than to actually condemn those on your side in the same way you would the right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State.”
    Yes.

I think it may make it confusing to some lefties. That patriotic messaging is the same thing as primacy of the state. Being America first, or Brit-first, or whatever nation, means your leaders enact policies for the benefit of the constituents. So that means protecting people's rights. Keeping peace and order. Generally being advocates of their constituents.

Fascism requires a dictator who is essentially the state. Trump's rhetoric makes it easier to make an effective claim to ignorant people who just accept it without due criticism. So Trump could have done a lot better with that. But the primary responsibility is on the people making the claim.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, when you co-opt the media to support your regime and outsource censorship to private companies who have been brought under the shadow of the state, THAT is fascism

Saying the quiet parts out loud, like how we don't need more immigrants from '****-hole' countries is refreshing and amusing not fascism (and also true)

Canada, for ****s sake, the chosen refuge of
    Hollywood elite who don't like who won an election, has a restrictive immigration system that requires applicants to demonstrate skills that the country needs and limits the number that can come from any one country

But no, when we find that to be a common sense idea, we're fascists

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This!

If on odd circumstances Republicans happened to gain majorities in both houses and the presidency, and then enacted an abortion ban nationwide, they'll lose it and likely will not regain it. Pedophiles could openly flaunt their desires in public with overt Democratic support. Racist Democrats could say all kinds of racist things against white people. Democrats could openly--even more overtly than now--call for a communist takeover. Republicans could end inflation and scarcity. Lift Americans to prosperity. End useless wars. Create peace. And Republicans would lose. If you want to get rid of abortions, help change the culture. It's part of the culture now. Policy is downstream from culture. Push that Overton Window.
    What cuts hard against Republicans about this issue, is that it's a gift that keeps on giving, for Democrats. Democrats won't _need_ a "nationwide abortion ban" to continue to profit from it. It's an issue that neither side will allow to go away. Every time a 10 year-old girl has to cross state lines to get an abortion, a predictable exchange will play out. 200 million Democrat iPhones will go off at the speed of light with the Fakebook story. And Republicans will display their tin-ear by saying, "Duh, why don't they prosecute the man?" ProLifers will keep putting laws and referenda up in Red States. And every, single one of them will be offered up as "Exhibit A" of what Republicans will do, if they ever get control of Congress and the White House.

And what really bites is, they're not wrong. The very minute that the lever of brute-force government control became available - Republicans in Red States reached out for it with gusto. The laws were written and waiting. Democrats aren't going to trust Mitt Romney to protect them from that. They're going to vote to keep it out of reach. They want the pregnant woman or girl to have more agency in the decision than just "Duh, Prosecute the Man."

The damage is done. To a degree that even surprised me. Barry Goldwater and the Civil Rights act cemented a 93% Black Democrat voter behavior in place forever. We may have just done the same thing on abortion. Overturning 50 years of cultural precedent always comes at a cost. ProLifers were willing to pay that cost. They just brought the rest of us along for the ride.

Democrats have used early mail voting to make sure all "close ones" will go their way.

Republicans are doing a super job of keeping it close.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, when you co-opt the media to support your regime and outsource censorship to private companies who have been brought under the shadow of the state, THAT is fascism
    It's fascistic, I'd say. It's not fascism, per se, because it's not in service of the state. It's in service of Democrat's corruption and quest for power.
    Saying the quiet parts out loud, like how we don't need more immigrants from '****-hole' countries is refreshing and amusing not fascism (and also true)
    :yesway:
    Canada, for ****s sake, the chosen refuge of Hollywood elite who don't like who won an election, has a restrictive immigration system that requires applicants to demonstrate skills that the country needs and limits the number that can come from any one country

But no, when we find that to be a common sense idea, we're fascists
    That's because Canada doesn't have a system where progressives are benefited by illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants will presumably, eventually, get voting rights in the US, and that will give Democrats an advantage.

And even if they don't get voting rights, they still benefit Democrats' quest for power because illegals are counted in the census, and their numbers contribute to the number of electors a state gets and their representatives in the US House. Blue states are sanctuaries to immigrants because it boosts their political power.

It's a win-win. Democrats like the voting power it gives them. Chamber-o-commerce Republicans like the cheap labor. No one is serious about curbing illegal immigration because they're both drunk on it. Trump comes along threatening their system and all hell breaks loose. "He's a fascist! Fear him!" :runaway:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Did they?

If so, that person (or group) should be brought up on charges and tried, no?

Seems simple enough to me.
    I need to jump in here. All one one needs to do is search google and see a long list of democrats/leftists encouraging the violent protesting.

Harris, Pelosi, Maxine, news anchors, comedians and many more were fueling the violent protesting.
    Not only were they fueling the fire, but why did they not step in and stop it? Instead they encouraged it and started the "de-fund the police" agenda.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I need to jump in here. All one one needs to do is search google and see a long list of democrats/leftists encouraging the violent protesting.

Harris, Pelosi, Maxine, news anchors, comedians and many more were fueling the violent protesting.
    Not only were they fueling the fire, but why did they not step in and stop it? Instead they encouraged it and started the "de-fund the police" agenda.

Sheesh!
    And these facts call for questions about why? Why encourage violence? And People don't see it for what it is.

They get Trump saying, let's walk to the capital to protest--peacefully, and everyone on the left infers that he's calling for violence. Prominent Democrats openly call for it, and, oh, they're only fighting against racists. :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They get Trump saying, let's walk to the capital to protest--peacefully, and everyone on the left infers that he's calling for violence. Prominent Democrats openly call for it, and, oh, they're only fighting against racists. :rolleyes:
    It's like the supreme leader of Iran repeatedly calling for the destruction of Israel but the left believes he 'doesn't mean it' and is only pandering to domestic hardliners, so Trump gets banned from twitter but Khamenei is STILL a member in good standing

Two movies/one screen

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On Oct. 14, 2021, climate activists breached the Interior Department, with demonstrators who were left outside struggling with law enforcement officers as they reportedly tried to force their way in, shouting “Go inside! Go inside!” Some activists vandalized a building, while others pinned police against a wall. The ordeal resulted in a number of injuries, according to multiple sources, with a police officer being transported to the hospital.

During the dustup over now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination and confirmation to the Supreme Court, which was radically amplified thanks to the Christine Blasey Ford circus, demonstrators forced their way past law enforcement, breaching police lines at both the Senate and the Supreme Court, where they stormed the steps and beat on the doors.

At the beginning of October, shortly before the Senate voted to confirm Kavanaugh, a mob of protesters took over a part of the Hart Senate Office Building, which is part of the Capitol complex.
    Some even made their way into the gallery during the final vote.

Linda Evans and Susan Rosenberg, two left-wing extremists, along with five others planted a bomb outside the Senate chamber inside the U.S. Capitol, where it detonated and caused $1 million in damage in 1983.
    On his last day as president, Jan. 20, 2001, Bill Clinton commuted the sentences of the violent pair, spurred on by his Democrat buddy Jerry Nadler.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The window’s narrowing.

This is absolutely devastating. R-Laxalt is losing Clark County by 52/45.1% on the ballots counted so far. If those are the only ballots left outstanding, and his estimate of the quantity remaining in those Clark boxes is right, a 6.9% democrat advantage multiplied across 25,000 ballots is 1,725 votes, twice the number Cortez Masto needs to overcome Laxalt's 862 vote lead.

Democrats could announce 50/50 control of the Senate by Monday morning.

Herschel Walker will be left for dead.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is absolutely devastating. R-Laxalt is losing Clark County by 52/45.1% on the ballots counted so far. If those are the only ballots left outstanding, and his estimate of the quantity remaining in those Clark boxes is right, a 6.9% democrat advantage multiplied across 25,000 ballots is 1,725 votes, twice the number Cortez Masto needs to overcome Laxalt's 862 vote lead.

Democrats will announce control of the Senate by Monday morning at this rate.

Herschel Walker will be left for dead.
    Masto loses. Walker wins. Manchin switches parties.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Democrats could announce 50/50 control of the Senate by Monday morning.

Herschel Walker could be left for dead.
    I find it disturbing how Cortez jumped 11k votes all at once.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Masto loses. Walker wins. Manchin switches parties.
    I like the way you think. But your Monte Carlo simulation has another extreme "tail" on it. And that's that Laxalt loses, Walker loses, and Lisa Murkowski gets screwed-over by the ranked-choice calculation on Nov. 23. That would give Democrats 52, if I'm counting right. If a lot of Murkowski voters made the Democrat their second choice, it's not beyond possibility.

I think Manchin turning coat was a development the Democrats already planned for when they set up their "fix." They got burned by him on Build Back Better. They are not going to let Manchin be the decider. They are going to pull out the stops, run the table, and put it beyond his reach to do anything about.

Biden said "give me two more Senators." They are trying to do just that. If I was Lisa Murkowski...I would be worried right now. Susan Collins is safe for 4 more years. Mitt Romney is Protected By God. But Murkowski's fate lies with a computer algorithm.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom