• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Seriously though, I've used this when I had an AK that I just couldn't operate the mag release one with one mag. Works better than a thumb, but it wasn't for tactical's sake :dunno:

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    This makes a case for a left hand charging handle conversion :dunno: are there any downsides to it? I don't have any experience with it, but all I can see is more access for dirt and no option for side scope mount because it would hit the handle.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I don't see any use for this unless you're in some kind of competition and you're not moving, but still cant justify it. Can't even say that "looking cool" is a reason for using it. Because how cool are you going to look when you drop your weapon in combat or even just training?

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Nothing new there...

Slapping mags out has been used for a LONG time...
    But this involves the guy holding the bolt open so they are holding the rifle in the pocket with just there fingers on the bolt and the recoil spring pressure.

Like others have said, ridiculous if you are moving or even under any kind of of stress. Too easy to drop the whole rifle.
    Travis Haley's dvd "Adaptive Kalash" is a pretty sweet watch if you find a copy.
    Agreed, it is pretty good. Haley actual does demonstrate the Iraqi reload in it but pretty much says it is useless.

But if I was only going to buy one AK DVD it would be Sonny's Beyond the Firearm 2. The second one would be Fuller's new Armorer video with Panteao (much better than the original Armorer video)

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    yeah i agree prolly a big difference doing this in your kitchen standing still than with any stress, but hey to each thier own.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    But this involves the guy holding the bolt open so they are holding the rifle in the pocket with just there fingers on the bolt and the recoil spring pressure.

Like others have said, ridiculous if you are moving or even under any kind of of stress. Too easy to drop the whole rifle.
    Agreed, it is pretty good. Haley actual does demonstrate the Iraqi reload in it but pretty much says it is useless.

But if I was only going to buy one AK DVD it would be Sonny's Beyond the Firearm 2. The second one would be Fuller's new Armorer video with Panteao (much better than the original Armorer video)

I'll check both of those out. The Haley dvd was pretty cool, but it's just not the same without Chris Costa there beside him poking fun at him.:D

Top Bottom