• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I find it interesting the Wall Street Journal is running a front page article on electronic surveillance of its citizens during this protest period.

Newspapers and modern media were very supportive of the Patriot Act which allows for sifting of all electronic media and communications of our own citizenry. Odd how the use of such technology is condemned when applied by a foreign entity.

Even in Indiana we have legislation allowing for the warrantless seizure of e-mail fax and cell phone communication in certain situations including but not limited to drug investigations, amber alerts, and matters of public safety.

Could Iran be a crystal ball that will wake our own citizenry up to the fact that government surveillance of our private lives and personal opinions threatens our safety more than protects it?

Para45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    I agree, it's gone way too far and people just don't seem to know/care about what the previous generations have fought so hard and died for...I can only hope something will turn it all around!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    It's not illegal or wrong if you don't get charged!!! Oh wait Bush Admin is getting blamed for torture, and withholding info from the Speaker, he must be guilty!!! :rolleyes:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I find it interesting the Wall Street Journal is running a front page article on electronic surveillance of its citizens during this protest period.

Newspapers and modern media were very supportive of the Patriot Act which allows for sifting of all electronic media and communications of our own citizenry. Odd how the use of such technology is condemned when applied by a foreign entity.

Even in Indiana we have legislation allowing for the warrantless seizure of e-mail fax and cell phone communication in certain situations including but not limited to drug investigations, amber alerts, and matters of public safety.

Could Iran be a crystal ball that will wake our own citizenry up to the fact that government surveillance of our private lives and personal opinions threatens our safety more than protects it?

Read my Sig line, watch V for Vendetta. Where's our hero?

Top Bottom