• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • catfishjn69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    West side of Indy
    I love this thread I just picked up an H&R 12 going a little different route. I am going with choate buttstock and foregrip instead of hollowing out the existing ones here are the links to them
    Choate Survivor Buttstock H&R N.E.F. Single Shot Shotguns Rifles
    Choate Store-Armend H&R N.E.F. Single Shot Shotguns Rifles

then I want to cut the barrel down to 19 inches and add a paracord sling. and a heat shield sight combo like this
    ATI Universal Shotforce Shotgun Heat Shield with Ghost Ring Sights Cooling Slots Universal Black

then I want the 8 inch .22lr adapter. I think total I will have less than $250 with the ability to break down to 19 inches I am planning to put it in my car with my GHB plus some surval items inside the stock for quick access. any opinions on what you would carry in the stock?
    thanks
    catfish

John Doe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    I had a similar idea, but didn't want to lose the choke of my shotgun. I started with a Baikal MP18, cut it to 19 inches and threaded it for a saiga 12 PolyChoke. When I realized it could be done I cut it to the minimum so the choke would bring it to 18.5" and welded it on. I also drilled and tapped it for a fiber optic sight and bought some short lane adapters in 20g, 410, and 22lr.

image_zps3bfcbe16.jpg Photo by Sam_bon_ya | Photobucket

image_zpse4d781da.jpg Photo by Sam_bon_ya | Photobucket

image_zpsc921cae0.jpg Photo by Sam_bon_ya | Photobucket

John Doe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    The MP 18 lacks the external hammer, but has a neat little feature of an ejector/extractor switch. That comes in handy when you don't want a $25 adaptor to go flying out of your gun or at your face.

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    That is a great idea! I have a 12 gauge that I could do this to. When SHTF you never know what ammo you will be able to find. Another plus the wife could shot the .9 adapter

Top Bottom