Aug 26, 2010
    1226257835.png

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Lol, you have uverse? Your installer screwed up. They're supposed to run a new home run line from your telephone network interface to the residential gateway. I know this because I used to install it.

Not knowing his house sometimes you can't run because it will just look like poo... Ie office is on other side of house... 2 story house... Homeowner does not want wire wrapped around house...

Old junk phone wire does slow speeds down.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Lol, you have uverse? Your installer screwed up. They're supposed to run a new home run line from your telephone network interface to the residential gateway. I know this because I used to install it.

All new wire was ran from the pole to my house. Box outside of my house was completely replaced, per the installer it was from the late 1950's - he hadn't seen one in years.
    Outside of that, the fastest I can get per UVerse based on where I live is 6 MB.
    Seems to work for me okay though, for what I use it for...I don't play online games at all, and my video streaming is just YouTube videos here and there.

Top Bottom