Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Starting to send out plenty of forms. Do not delay if you want in on this go round. I will post here when it is full.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Both classes have room until posted otherwise here. I have sent out a ton of forms but returned with payment is when the spot is held.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I got an email today asking for advice for a potential student. The question was which class should they sign up for BP 100 or IP 101. I get some form of this question pretty often. If you own your own gun, and have the holster and mag pouches, and are confident that you are ready to work on the draw stroke, and you can consistently hit a 3x5 card at seven yards then you are likely ready to start in IP101. It is better to be in BP100 and glide through with ease than to be in IP 101 and not ready. Take both in the same day is an option.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Here is some video that shows the skill set that will be taught during this class. (shot calling, snapping the eyes, trigger control, drawstroke under pressure) This competition shooting but several of the skills translate over to any shooting application.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hn6Ro9-aDk

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Could still take a couple of people. This is a course about shooting skills and it pertains to the shooting sports or self defense. If you want to shoot faster and more accurately this class is a great way to further that journey. Here is some footage from this past weekend and it displays the type of shooting fundamentals that will be addressed by this course.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    This is close to home for me and cheap. I am probably in. I will email you for a form. Also, I am trying to round up a couple people to fill this up for you. If they are up for it, I am definitely in. Getting other people to train more is a hobby of mine.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    highly recommend, took some video when I attended:

Thanks for the video.

I use a Galco King Tuk IWB holster. I assume that will be ok, as I want to train with what I use?

I just picked up a Kydex single mag pouch as previously I pocket carried extra mags,

I have multiple extra mags and intend to have those on hand, but do I need more than 1 single mag pouch for the class? I've had some trouble finding these locally.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Was that the only time you've had this class? ;)

I think coach will be happy that I can't make this one. Not by choice.

It just conflicts with my GSSF - Dayton, OH day. But I'll be back coach! :rolleyes:
    Been wondering where you were. What about June 9th at Warsaw?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the video.

I use a Galco King Tuk IWB holster. I assume that will be ok, as I want to train with what I use?

I just picked up a Kydex single mag pouch as previously I pocket carried extra mags,

I have multiple extra mags and intend to have those on hand, but do I need more than 1 single mag pouch for the class? I've had some trouble finding these locally.

Your holster will be fine, but if you don't have much experience doing draws and reholstering, you need to be extra vigilant that you don't get your shirt or anything else in the holster when you're inserting the gun. I'll show you a trick at the start of class that will help you make sure you're clear of any snags after you reholster too.

What kind of gun are you using? You'll have a much better day if you can carry more than one magazine on your belt at a time. If you have something common like a Glock or 1911, we can probably find loaner gear for you if you let us know ahead of time. Email me.

Was that the only time you've had this class? ;)

I think coach will be happy that I can't make this one. Not by choice.

It just conflicts with my GSSF - Dayton, OH day. But I'll be back coach! :rolleyes:

I am very disappointed! I like seeing how much you improve each time!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks for the video.

Your gear will be fine. You plan of training with what you use is solid. I will try and bring some extra mag pouches to loan. 2-3 would be better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Your holster will be fine, but if you don't have much experience doing draws and reholstering, you need to be extra vigilant that you don't get your shirt or anything else in the holster when you're inserting the gun. I'll show you a trick at the start of class that will help you make sure you're clear of any snags after you reholster too.

What kind of gun are you using? You'll have a much better day if you can carry more than one magazine on your belt at a time. If you have something common like a Glock or 1911, we can probably find loaner gear for you if you let us know ahead of time. Email me.

Your gear will be fine. You plan of training with what you use is solid. I will try and bring some extra mag pouches to loan. 2-3 would be better.

Thanks, at this point I plan on taking the Glock 27 with the AA kit. I have 6 mags for the kit (as well as several 27/23 .40 mags), and will try and look for additional mag pouches. I specifically wanted singles vs a double, and have had a bit of a hard time finding these locally. I'll hit a few shops this week as time permits to see if I can find some additional mag carriers.

If I change up and decide to shoot full power .40, I may bring the Glock 23.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    That would mean I would have to visit the in-laws again.. I'll have to think hard about that one. :)
    Do the IP that day then shoot the Instructional League that afternoon. Gone to the range all day the wife gets to visit.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This class is full.
    If the check is already in the mail we will take you. If not we are full at this time.

bpeele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    looking forward to both classes this day, especially the IP one. slightly low and left is still killing me...

also, i've been thinking about bringing a few different handguns (for people to try out in the BP class at least) if that's something that ever happens. I see you guys have loaners, but i don't mind sharing... ?

Top Bottom