Interesting message from Bone Frog. Federal 124 gr HST discontinued.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, it's not being discontinued, but are they just going for 20 rd only boxes?

Yep. Translation: "GFY civilians! You want to shoot our bullets? Pay exorbitantly for 20 rounds at a time. Want more? Go be a cop. (or buy LOTS of expensive boxes) Now give us our money!"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some animals are more equal than others I guess....

Senior discounts, veteran discounts, student discounts, employee discounts, etc. I paid to visit parks in Florida then active duty military can visit for free...

This is not a new policy. The 50 round boxes were for contract/LE/MIL/"qualified purchaser" and the smaller packages for retail sales, but it wasn't tracked. Now, apparently it is and those retailers who were not abiding by the rules have to. Sort of like Blue Label for Glocks.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Some animals are more equal than others I guess....

Private business can do whatever they want. Or at least generally should be able to.

Even if this brings the 147 grain HST up to $0.60 per round, that's still cheaper than lots of other self-defense rounds.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Senior discounts, veteran discounts, student discounts, employee discounts, etc. I paid to visit parks in Florida then active duty military can visit for free...

This is not a new policy. The 50 round boxes were for contract/LE/MIL/"qualified purchaser" and the smaller packages for retail sales, but it wasn't tracked. Now, apparently it is and those retailers who were not abiding by the rules have to. Sort of like Blue Label for Glocks.

So, do you think, "just your opinion" we will still be able to buy the 147 gr HST 50 round boxes for less than $20 a box? I bought several from Bone Frog a while back. Didn't think I would have any problems, at least until the next presidential election.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    FWIW...I just got an email from Bone Frog and they have the 9mm 147gr HST back in stock @ $0.45/rd and it is not restricted yet. 9mm 124 gr +P, same deal.

All of their 50 rd boxes have the "LEO only note" (and always has), but after that note with the 9mm 124gr HST, it states "If you would like to register your credentials with us to purchase this product, please fill out this form" with a link to the form.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I just ordered 3 boxes of the 147 gr HST 50 round per box from Bone Frog. Just under $20 per box. Total after shipping was $71.86. I did not see anything about LEO. They were out of stock last night.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Private business can do whatever they want. Or at least generally should be able to.

Even if this brings the 147 grain HST up to $0.60 per round, that's still cheaper than lots of other self-defense rounds.
    Luckily we have free speech in this country so I am still allowed to not like it, complain about it, and even change who I buy from because of it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Luckily we have free speech in this country so I am still allowed to not like it, complain about it, and even change who I buy from because of it.

Yep. But the Animal Farm "some animals are more equal" reference is typically directed at government actions. I didn't think we pretended that private people had to treat everyone the same.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yep. But the Animal Farm "some animals are more equal" reference is typically directed at government actions. I didn't think we pretended that private people had to treat everyone the same.
    It is action by a private company that is saying, we will only sell this item to the gubmint men, not to citizens. For some reason that just rubs the wrong way.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    It is action by a private company that is saying, we will only sell this item to the gubmint men, not to citizens. For some reason that just rubs the wrong way.

I don't like it either but they are not saying they will not sell HST to citizens. What they are saying is they will heavily discount it to LEO and heavily rape citizens on price.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I used to carry HST but switched to gold dots when the 50 Rd GD box availability became better.

Even though I am a "qualified person", I'm really glad I did so. This news puts me where I will buy comparables of another brand rather than federal if possible.

Bad memories of the "LE only" manufacturing practices of the Clinton years I suppose.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What they are saying is they will heavily discount it to LEO and heavily rape citizens on price.

Are they forcing people to buy HST ammo at new, higher prices against those people's wishes? No? Then we should leave out claims of violence.

It does no one any good when our side seems to minimize rape. I know that wasn't your intention, but what you said makes for a bad look. Price gouging is not akin to rape. (And I don't think that this is even an instance of price gouging anyway.)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Rape is also commonly used as "pillage, pillaging, plundering - the act of stealing valuable things from a place".

I guess I'm not PC enough for this "#me too" day and age...sorry.

Should I take your post as a micro-aggression and look for a safe space?

Top Bottom