• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    well if it would have been me I would've asked for his badge, and then proceeded to take my gun back, someone with that authority should have an IQ higher than a 3rd grader, but definitely file a complaint with someone that is higher up on the food chain who might not appreciate his stupidity

packingranny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    should have waited then approched you..not side-blinded you there. it was a very unsafe thing to do and dangerous. Don't they teach the classes on safety on gun handling? hummmm makes one wonder does it not that he was just in a foul mood and wanted to kick butt? You just happen to be there. Power issue here from my point of view. Write and find out what gives...at least they can review their own policies and procedures for such actions...and this should be posted everywhere! Good luck.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    It's a decent place most of the time, but there are some real yahoos that shoot there and the one range guy is a little overzealous.

Can you be overzealous with real yahoos?

I don't think so.

One time, at gun camp... Actually it was a skeet and trap club, but, it was winter time when a yahoo put his gloved finger onto his shotguns trigger. Gee, wouldn't you know, it fired. So, he was breaking all sorts of rules. Walking to the firing line with a loaded weapon. Not having his safety on. Putting his finger on the trigger when he wasn't on the firing line.

Luckily for me the shot was into the ground, but only a couple of feet from my boot.

Pretty sure I walked off the field at that point.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I don't know if it's a law that you can't carry on DNR property but the range official at the willow slough range said that no guns are permitted outside the bench area. If he sees you he will YELL OUT LOUD and bark at you for whatever he sees you doing wrong.

In my opinion it is just not wise to try to rip a loaded pistol from anybody. If the owner reacts as the RO is grabbing it it could go off and get someone killed. Which is the exact reason they do not want guns anywhere but the table.

I would think that you could have the gun in a holster but if you go down range you must leave it at the table.

At Willow Slough they will not let you draw and fire either. Kind of for the same reasons - they don't want you shooting your foot off or anyone else's.

Having said all of that, my father-in-law is a "former" Marine and a former State trooper and I hate going to the range with him. It has come to the point I tell my wife that I don;t think that I am going down there anymore with him. He doesn't follow the rules... I don't know if his perifereal vision is going or what but I have seen him start shooting when a guy from another table is walking back from hanging targets!

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I don't know if it's a law that you can't carry on DNR property but the range official at the willow slough range said that no guns are permitted outside the bench area. If he sees you he will YELL OUT LOUD and bark at you for whatever he sees you doing wrong.

It is completely legal to carry on any DNR property (FWA & state parks - except ACoE property though) as of 2 years ago. Even then it wasn't "illegal", it was only against the "rules". Which technically had the same effect.

Range rules are different, though, depending on the range. The Pigeon River FWA range has no range officer & no rules on the subject. Every time I've been there people do a really good job of policing themselves while using the range.

Top Bottom