Interesting Consideration....2024 just continues to give and give.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    It’s ok folks, the Democraps are in charge. Biden and Harris will jump in and fix everything.

They’ll impose price controls.
    They’ll impose martial law.
    They’ll call out the national guard.
    They’ll call out FEMA.
    They’ll get the FBI to investigate
    They’ll get the Mayorkis on it
    They’ll get the DOJ on it

They’ll get all the illegal aliens to go past the striking dock workers and unload the ships thereby saving the country!

Don’t worry, the Democraps will save the day!
    Yeah, right! :runaway::runaway:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I suspect any sustained strike will cause more problems for manufacturers here in the US than anything. There is a great deal of reliance on cheap components and chemicals from Asia that will interrupt production if supplies dry up here. You just can't build domestic production up that fast and banks will not loan money on a project where they see the need for it leaving when the strike is eventually settled.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I suspect any sustained strike will cause more problems for manufacturers here in the US than anything. There is a great deal of reliance on cheap components and chemicals from Asia that will interrupt production if supplies dry up here. You just can't build domestic production up that fast and banks will not loan money on a project where they see the need for it leaving when the strike is eventually settled.
    East and gulf coast dock strikes.

Not a ton comes around the world the longer way. I am sure some does.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is there a TL/DW?

Is there something here or the thoughts of a man on a railroad track talking about seaports? (Which is pretty ironic)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    East and gulf coast dock strikes.

Not a ton comes around the world the longer way. I am sure some does.
    And anything headed east that can be will be shifted to the west coast.

West coast ports are already super slow to get anything done. Additional traffic will slow them to a crawl.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Is there a TL/DW?

Is there something here or the thoughts of a man on a railroad track talking about seaports? (Which is pretty ironic)

I think the guy talking in the video would have been correct in the past when the country was heavily dependent on imported oil from the mid east. I remember those days and it's not the same today, also his idea of how fast it all happens is pretty quick.

Imports that have taken over complete blocks of products can completely shut an entire industry. It can be as simple as cabinet hardware, you have the wood, labor, finish material, but no hardware, so you can't produce cabinets for sale. Factory shuttered until the supply returns.

Top Bottom