• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I can get on a soapbox like @kirkfreeman can with Colt on this one, they just released a threaded barrel PPK but it’s in 32 and not 380?!?!

I bring the Truth to Colt . . . well . . . it's Colt so they can't handle much like marketing . . . research and development . . . making products consumers want . . . public flogging of their entire Board of Directors, the CEO, the COO, the CFO, the CLO, inter alia . . . busting a union . . . leaving the East Coast. Basic dude stuff.

1727212473094.png

sailordave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    North Porter County
    My wife got one with a 4 inch barrel and Holosun optic and she really likes it. She has a bit of arthritis in her hands and has no problem racking the slide. Got a 15 lb spring from ZR Tactical and it's even easier (stock spring is 18). I liked it so i went out and got my own. I put on the thicker grip that came in the box and it feels great. I'm not sure if i'd choose the new Pro model with the lighter trigger for carry, but i'm an old SA/DA guy.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My wife got one with a 4 inch barrel and Holosun optic and she really likes it. She has a bit of arthritis in her hands and has no problem racking the slide. Got a 15 lb spring from ZR Tactical and it's even easier (stock spring is 18). I liked it so i went out and got my own. I put on the thicker grip that came in the box and it feels great. I'm not sure if i'd choose the new Pro model with the lighter trigger for carry, but i'm an old SA/DA guy.
    Hey an honest response from someone with first hand experience! That's not what INGO is for don't you know!?

Seriously though thanks for the input. It's much appreciated.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Wasn't the original PPK chambered in .32?

The PP was introduced in 1929, honestly not sure if it was 32 first or not and a mid level google dive was not very helpful.

Most of the James Bond guns are actually .32ACP guns but, this quote from Golden Gun is the first and only real reference we get , until SkyFall where the PPK is explicitly in 9mm Short

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
    THIS Walther PPK is accepted to be chambered now in .380 ACP due to Bond’s quote, “Six bullets to your one?” during the film.

So to myself at least James Bond carries a .380 PPK, it’s definitely up for debate IMHO however just like what watch does Bond really wear a Rolex or Omega?

It is my understanding the 32 guns are actually not terrible to shoot unlike the .380 guns, but at least in my AO I can get 380 a lot easier than I can get 32.

To end my mini ted talk, Walther should have in true INGO fashion done the right thing and made both the 32 and the 380 into a threaded barrel model. I would just about bet that for every .32ACP sold Ten .380ACP guns would be sold just due to general ammo availability

Lastly: I will be at Tim’s tomorrow to pick up my SP5, will confirm if the PDP-F is in the rental and probably blast a few down the range. It most likely is a bit snappier than my Q4SF

Top Bottom