Interesting article - Security contractor in Iraq (& 9mm effectiveness)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomjb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    My CCW has been a 9mm for a long time. Federal 9BPLE has a good track record, hope I never have to test it, but feel it will be there if needed.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Yes!

Fear the man who hits 10 out of 10 times on a 8 inch paper plate because he knows that he will get the job done.

I was at my best friends house yesterday and he had his neighbor over that had a Taurus .454 Casull and was bragging about taking down anybody with it. All over the paper to the left and right with 1 to the top left that might have made some contact on a shoulder part, nothing inside of the 5 ring. I went after him and he wanted to change the target for me so I'd have a fresh one to see my hits.

I told him we don't waste targets here and promptly put 17 shots within the 7 ring at 35 feet. Walked up, pulled the target off and handed it to him, and let him know that he has to hit it first to take it down. Before the end of the shoot he was firmly entrenched in the idea that he needs to get a more controllable gun.

Shot placement is everything unless you get lucky and blow out a femoral or other major artery.

Maybe this man needs to use 45 Colt in his 454 so he can control it:draw: Maybe a 22lr also. I saw a man and a woman with a 9mm Hi-Point fill 2 10" targets full of holes at 25 YARDS slow fire, no fancy double taps or other drills. Another guy had some compact size 45 and maybe hit his 10"target a few times. didn't stay long after that, maybe he got "ON". I'd fear the Hi-point shooters.:yesway:

Top Bottom