INTERACTIONS WITH POLICE WHILE LAWFULLY CARRYING.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    :popcorn: You are about to be raked over the coals for many things....punctuation and spelling, concealed carry permit, paragraph structure, search function, us versus them, training, etc....

Not hatin' just sayin'.
    I LOL'ed pretty hard when I read this...

Thanks for that, I needed it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I apologize for quoting wrong Indiana firearms code. This is the code I meant to mention:
    I C 35-47-11.1-2. I believe this statute forbids countys and municipalities from setting their own firearms laws including firearm registries. I apologize for typing in wrong statute and I may be entirely wrong since I don't read state laws and codes regularly. To my mind however, I believe that's what it means. That is what I was referring to in my earlier post.

Running the serial number of a gun to check to see if it is stolen is not a registry. There is no conspiracy to put your name on a list of gun owners supposedly kept by the police.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Running the serial number of a gun to check to see if it is stolen is not a registry. There is no conspiracy to put your name on a list of gun owners supposedly kept by the police.

Lies! The serial numbers that people provide in attempt to find their stolens guns are gathered in one HUGE registry for the eventual confiscation!

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    If I get up that way this year, I'll post it here and let you know my route so Frank and a few others can get me and I can post the results here.:): We cna compare it to my Va. interactions a bit better then.
    Watch out Frank! Here I come! :) Use that #15 boot on my wife.:rockwoot:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    "...when you go to pick it up." Huh?

You mean that the Fishers PD will confiscate a legally-owned gun from a citizen during a routing traffic stop and KEEP IT, making the owner go to the PD to retrieve it in pieces?

Yes, it has happened. Why they took it I don't remember.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    They don't. I had an interaction with a Sherriff in a public place on Friday night, and he never asked to inspect my firearm. Simply checked my license, called in to verify my license to carry, and let the management of the establishment carry on from there. Although I did politely correct the officer on a few incorrect laws he rattled off, I was never asked to disarm...

Just curious, what caused this interaction? Were you OC and got called on?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If I get up that way this year, I'll post it here and let you know my route so Frank and a few others can get me and I can post the results here.:): We cna compare it to my Va. interactions a bit better then.
    Watch out Frank! Here I come! :) Use that #15 boot on my wife.:rockwoot:

Let me know and I'll get some of the guys together to give you an extra special welcome to Indianapolis. And I havean extra pair of size 15s that you can take with you to use on her whenever you need them.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

The only times I have taken someone's gun to the property room is after an arrest where the gun was kept as evidence or for safekeeping because it had nothing to do with the arrest, or for safekeeping because the owner went to the hospital. I have never heard of a gun being taken "just because" and held at a PD and given back in pieces. I don't have any reason to believe it didn't happen, it just seems assinine to me.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

The only times I have taken someone's gun to the property room is after an arrest where the gun was kept as evidence or for safekeeping because it had nothing to do with the arrest, or for safekeeping because the owner went to the hospital. I have never heard of a gun being taken "just because" and held at a PD and given back in pieces. I don't have any reason to believe it didn't happen, it just seems assinine to me.
    Here's one from a couple of years back where the Fishers PD stole this guys guns and made him come get them back. I'm sure it's happened to others who aren't members here.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...6414-my_fishers_incident_february_2010_a.html

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Let me know and I'll get some of the guys together to give you an extra special welcome to Indianapolis. And I havean extra pair of size 15s that you can take with you to use on her whenever you need them.
    I'd appreciate that Frank. She's too much for me to handle! :):

How much over should I drive? 10? 15? I want to be sure to get attention!:D

Top Bottom