• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I'm really shocked at how my brother was treated at the Terre Haute AMC 12 theater today. Here is what happened - my brother and I wanted to see the new Avengers movie. We got there around 3:10PM. The movie started at 3:30pm. We buy the tickets but since the movie does not start for another fifteen minutes we simply walk around the lobby, from one end of the theater to the next. I've done this many times in the past. So has my brother. All we were doing was wasting time walking buy all the room from one end to the other and seeing what movies were playing. We did not go into any theater room.

So, I tell my brother I'm going to the bathroom and then we can buy our cokes and head to the theater room. I go to the bathroom and walk out and my brother is furious. He said one of the kid workers came up and told him he had to either sit down on a bench in the lobby or go to the theater room and sit down but no walking around in the lobby.

So I went up to the desk where the manager was and said who in the hell told my brother he can't walk around out here? The clown manager said they have some kind of policy where you have to go into the theater room and sit or sit down on a bench in the lobby, but no walking around! Then my brother said "Do I look like a f*cking kid? I'm a grown adult!" Then I told the manager I have been there many times the last ten years spending lots of money and buying lots of snacks and I have never been told I could not walk around and waste a few minutes before the movie started.

We wanted our money back and it was returned. I told that clown two or three times I've been to that theater many times with family and friends and have never caused problems. I and my family only want to enjoy a movie and have a nice time. We are not hoodlums or punks. All we wanted to do is see the new Avengers movie and spend money on some snacks.

So we got our money back and walked out. I can't believe the disrespect they gave my brother and myself. And to think I go to that theater six to twelve times a year.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Ar least you got your money back. I don't go to movies much, I'd rather spend the money on ammo, or this time of year, gardening.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Lots of people walking around the theater hall make it pretty difficult to watch for people hopping into shows they haven't purchased tickets for. Not really an unreasonable policy and one you honestly shouldn't take so personally.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'm really shocked at how my brother was treated at the Terre Haute AMC 12 theater today. Here is what happened - my brother and I wanted to see the new Avengers movie. We got there around 3:10PM. The movie started at 3:30pm. We buy the tickets but since the movie does not start for another fifteen minutes we simply walk around the lobby, from one end of the theater to the next. I've done this many times in the past. So has my brother. All we were doing was wasting time walking buy all the room from one end to the other and seeing what movies were playing. We did not go into any theater room.

So, I tell my brother I'm going to the bathroom and then we can buy our cokes and head to the theater room. I go to the bathroom and walk out and my brother is furious. He said one of the kid workers came up and told him he had to either sit down on a bench in the lobby or go to the theater room and sit down but no walking around in the lobby.

So I went up to the desk where the manager was and said who in the hell told my brother he can't walk around out here? The clown manager said they have some kind of policy where you have to go into the theater room and sit or sit down on a bench in the lobby, but no walking around! Then my brother said "Do I look like a f*cking kid? I'm a grown adult!" Then I told the manager I have been there many times the last ten years spending lots of money and buying lots of snacks and I have never been told I could not walk around and waste a few minutes before the movie started.

We wanted our money back and it was returned. I told that clown two or three times I've been to that theater many times with family and friends and have never caused problems. I and my family only want to enjoy a movie and have a nice time. We are not hoodlums or punks. All we wanted to do is see the new Avengers movie and spend money on some snacks.

So we got our money back and walked out. I can't believe the disrespect they gave my brother and myself. And to think I go to that theater six to twelve times a year.

Its funny when people bring up being disrespected after they have used the angry F word to the management.
    PS .. Its tough to watch the movie from the parking lot..

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ar least you got your money back. I don't go to movies much, I'd rather spend the money on ammo, or this time of year, gardening.

It will come out on DVD soon enough. I watch in the privacy of my home with cold drinks and "Fresh...:popcorn:

I do take the G-daughter to see "Her" movies at the theater.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah one apple ruins the bunch. I am sure lots of people walk around and then movie hop so the policy makes sense. I would also think that all your bro had to say was he was waiting for you and was not sure where his theater room was so he was looking for it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I guess I'm the only other one who thinks this is ridiculous. I can't personally say if the OP handled it well, but I would have been pretty upset if I were told I couldn't walk around in the theater as well. I can honestly say a couple months ago when I was last in a theater, I did exactly that, walked around in the lobby a bit and down the hallways looking at the movie posters.

Personally, I think you should hit the AMC website and see if there's a contact us link so you can send management a feedback email. I use these links all the time if something happens at a restaurant, or other retail establishment. If nothing else, you can get clarification on this policy. If it was BS, you might even end up getting some free tickets, or at least an apology.

BTW, went and looked and here's the Contact Us page:

https://www.amctheatres.com/contact

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    They were not that busy. They had a small crowd but not a big one. Yes, I do take it personally because I or my family have never been told that before and we don't sneak around room hopping. I blame that new manager. Freaking clown.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I guess I'm the only other one who thinks this is ridiculous. I can't personally say if the OP handled it well, but I would have been pretty upset if I were told I couldn't walk around in the theater as well. I can honestly say a couple months ago when I was last in a theater, I did exactly that, walked around in the lobby a bit and down the hallways looking at the movie posters.

BTW, went and looked and here's the Contact Us page:

https://www.amctheatres.com/contact

Thanks for that. I did already find that and sent a note explaining the situation.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    No. I was not carrying at all.

Well, I will say when we first got there the manager was behind the counter and took our money and gave us our tickets. My brother noticed that manager seemed somewhat agitated. I noticed that too, like he was new or recently hired and out of his league when it comes to managing. He didn't seem very comfortable.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    IMHO they did you a favor.

1> Invest in a nice Flat screen and blue ray surround sound.
    2> Have patience and wait for the disc release.
    3> Save money and enjoy the movie on YOUR terms (via redbox, etc)... with reasonably priced snacks, beer, etc.. hell, you can even sit and watch in your skivvies.

The last theater I was in? James Bond Quantum of Solace. (except for two kids movies that I HAD to see) The rest were in my home theater. And hell, I didnt enjoy that movie because the DLP projectors cant keep up with motion and action sequences are a blur. I didnt truly enjoy it.

If you invest $2000 in a home theater setup, the ROI is pretty quick. Figure $10 for a ticket, another $10 for snacks per person, and it racks up pretty quick. a family of four can recoup the cost in about a year assuming you watch one movie a week.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IMHO they did you a favor.

1> Invest in a nice Flat screen and blue ray surround sound.
    2> Have patience and wait for the disc release.
    3> Save money and enjoy the movie on YOUR terms (via redbox, etc)... with reasonably priced snacks, beer, etc.. hell, you can even sit and watch in your skivvies.

The last theater I was in? James Bond Quantum of Solace. (except for two kids movies that I HAD to see) The rest were in my home theater. And hell, I didnt enjoy that movie because the DLP projectors cant keep up with motion and action sequences are a blur. I didnt truly enjoy it.

If you invest $2000 in a home theater setup, the ROI is pretty quick. Figure $10 for a ticket, another $10 for snacks per person, and it racks up pretty quick. a family of four can recoup the cost in about a year assuming you watch one movie a week.

60" Flat screen.
    Yamaha surround.
    Double recliner sofa.
    Pause for poddy breaks.
    Fresh :popcorn: and drinks.
    Rewind and watch something that you may have missed......and the real benefit......No one inn the room but you and who you let in. No cell phones/yacking/moving/crying baby's..(who brings a little bitty baby to an action feature)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    60" Flat screen.
    Yamaha surround.
    Double recliner sofa.
    Pause for poddy breaks.
    Fresh :popcorn: and drinks.
    Rewind and watch something that you may have missed......and the real benefit......No one inn the room but you and who you let in. No cell phones/yacking/moving/crying baby's..(who brings a little bitty baby to an action feature)

This right here!! I hate going to the movies. I haven't been since my kids were really little. Anymore it doesn't take long for a movie to come out rental or to buy. Plus the cost is about the same if 2 plus people are going at the time. By the time you buy snacks and drinks. Flat drinks, cold popcorn, the list of a bad movie experiences goes on..... and on...

Top Bottom