• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    For the last few weeks I've been considering switching my EDC pistol from the 1911 platform to a Glock, Kahr, or M&P. I've been doing my homework by handling different brands in stores, shooting friends pistols, and a lot of on-line research. Using my Google-Fu, I ran across a guy that did a really crazy torture test on a Glock 21:

Glock 21 Torture Test - Theprepared.com

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Please don't base your carry decision on some pointless torture test. Unless you plan on transporting your carry gun tied to the back of your vehicle or your gun safe is actually a bucket of baby powder torture tests don't tell you any necessary info. The vast majority of firearms from reputable manufacturers will handle anything in the realm of possible scenarios. Simply sticking to reality negates any supposed usefulness of torture tests.

What could someone possibly learn from the test you posted? Polymer is strong, the finish known by one of its trade names as tenifer ( I'm bating billt here.), and the magazine is the weak point in a semi-auto pistol. That's not exactly revolutionary stuff is it?

Anyway, make your carry decision based on design, ergonomics and caliber. Everything else is just perks.

You can't beat a 1911.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    For the last few weeks I've been considering switching my EDC pistol from the 1911 platform to a Glock, Kahr, or M&P. I've been doing my homework by handling different brands in stores, shooting friends pistols, and a lot of on-line research. Using my Google-Fu, I ran across a guy that did a really crazy torture test on a Glock 21:

Glock 21 Torture Test - Theprepared.com

He started posting this on Arfcom (or there was a link to it, I can't remember which) like three years ago. There was quite a crowd of us following it and making suggestions what to do to it next.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Please don't base your carry decision on some pointless torture test. Unless you plan on transporting your carry gun tied to the back of your vehicle or your gun safe is actually a bucket of baby powder torture tests don't tell you any necessary info. The vast majority of firearms from reputable manufacturers will handle anything in the realm of possible scenarios. Simply sticking to reality negates any supposed usefulness of torture tests.

What could someone possibly learn from the test you posted? Polymer is strong, the finish known by one of its trade names as tenifer ( I'm bating billt here.), and the magazine is the weak point in a semi-auto pistol. That's not exactly revolutionary stuff is it?

Anyway, make your carry decision based on design, ergonomics and caliber. Everything else is just perks.

You can't beat a 1911.

Lol...trust me, I've been carrying for a number of years, from revolvers to pistols and I only make a practice to use a carry piece that I've personally put at least 400 rounds thru before I carry it. After that, constant practice. I've carried 1911's almost exclusively for the last 11 years and yeah, they're tough to beat.
    Besides, everyone knows Glocks tend to explode! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    My gun will be on my side or in my hand so if it can survive the same thing I can then I'm good,

I can't survive bing buried in babypowder for 24 hours so it doesn't matter to me.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    A while back on another board there was a guy slamming polymer pistols like the Glock, and was referring to a test where a Glock (I believe) was put in a bucket of gasoline and left for like 24 hours. The frame became soft and mushy, and he was saying how this prooves polymer guns are junk.

I informed him that I would keep that in mind if I ever got into a gunfight where I tripped and dropped my gun into a bucket of gasoline that happened to be sitting around, then returned to collect my weapon the next day and continue the fight. :rolleyes:

The point is that many torture tests are quite irrelevent, however, they ARE interesting/entertaining.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Compensation-size.jpg

Top Bottom