• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Looking for a handgun that fits inside all of these parameters….

1) 45acp
    2) Hammer fired over striker but these days.. unless the striker fired trigger can be made “NICE”
    3) Optics ready
    4) Non-proprietary accessory rail
    5) Barrel threaded for a suppressor
    6) Suppressor height sights

No HK’s as I have a USP 45 tactical that would make an excellent host but no optics cut and proprietary accessory rail. :(

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Depending on your definition of "nice" trigger I would put a Glock 21 together and get it cut for an optic OR depending on the budget a 1911 with a rail that suits you and optic cut. I didn't feel the need for a threaded barrel or rail so had AllenM put a stunning 1911 together for me when I decided I wanted another 45 ACP pistol, to each his own.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I might have missed that story.
    I called customer service one day to buy some parts as SIG has a history of no more parts for certain firearms the discontinue. Explained what parts I was interested in purchasing and the guy asked me was this broken… which I replied no I just merely wanted repair parts in case so I had them on hand. His reply was then you don’t have a problem and hung up on me. So I divested myself of every Sig product I had and I had quite a few.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm not a great lover of the "New Sig" either, but don't let distaste for the company make you pass over the P220 Legion. Yes, the "Legion" marketing gimmick is stupid, but it meets all your criteria (or can be easily made to do so), and it's an awesome handgun.
    ^^THIS^^

I love the Sig 22x series and the new Legion all come with optics cut.

I have ran Sig 220, 228 and a personal 226 Legion combined for the last 30 year and you won’t find a better hammer fired gun. And I say that as I have ran them (especially the 228) pretty hard

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    The various SIGs are outstanding pistols I agree!!! Glocks are useful I admit. The FNX Tactical as well as the newish 545 have crossed my mind as suppressor host as either checks alot of boxes the FNX-T more so. I hadn’t considered the S&W M&P….. I’ve never owned one of their polymer striker fired guns. I’ve heard good things about them. The 1911….. that is one I could really run away on as I’m very particular lol…. I thought about a DW or even a Springfield TRP but by the time I get the gun and get the work done on it I can buy a nice used Nighthawk AAC for almost the same $$$. I’ll figure something out eventually. I say I’m not big on striker fired guns but I handled a Walther PPQ 45 for the first time today and must admit it’s trigger amazed me!!! Likewise the Walther PDP Pro SD FS. Between the grip frames and the triggers on each one the only thing the PPQ lacks is being machined for a RDO and the PDP checked alot of boxes!! Thanks

Last edited:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    The various SIGs are outstanding pistols I agree!!! Glocks are useful I admit. The FNX Tactical as well as the newish 545 have crossed my mind as suppressor host as either checks alot of boxes the FNX-T more so. I hadn’t considered the S&W M&P….. I’ve never owned one of their polymer striker fired guns. I’ve heard good things about them. The 1911….. that is one I could really run away on as I’m very particular lol…. I thought about a DW or even a Springfield TRP but by the time I get the gun and get the work done on it I can buy a nice used Nighthawk AAC for almost the same $$$. I’ll figure something out eventually. Thanks!!
    This might be more in your budget and checks all your boxes. It won’t be as refined as a TRP or DW but the Tisas 1911s take basic upgrades well. My Duty 45 responded very well to a match barrel bushing, full length guide rod and 3.5lb EGW sear spring.

Top Bottom