• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    With regard to the Weigand, I'm not sure. It's up with Jerry Johnson right now, I'll check it out when it comes back.

I also managed to liberate a few rifles from a closet today. :)

A Marlin Golden 39A and a Plainfield M1. The Marlin needs a good cleaning and I think it will be good, but the M1 has some issues, though my rather uneducated guess is that it won't be too bad to get fixed up. Most notably it's missing a magazine. I've been trolling the net looking for some for sale w/o having to buy the gun too and I'm coming up empty. If anyone has any leads on some it would be appreciated. :)

I took the 19 out for a bit of target practice with some .38 and it handles pretty awesomely, tons of fun to shoot. I was advised though that shooting .357 out of it too often might be a bad idea since it's the pre 80's version made for police carry, and was made for occasional full load use only.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    When you gun hangs up on single action, its probably the gear face on the extractor plate. I have the same problem. Its a factory only repair on mine because it gets fitted.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    With regard to the Weigand, I'm not sure. It's up with Jerry Johnson right now, I'll check it out when it comes back.

I also managed to liberate a few rifles from a closet today. :)

A Marlin Golden 39A and a Plainfield M1. The Marlin needs a good cleaning and I think it will be good, but the M1 has some issues, though my rather uneducated guess is that it won't be too bad to get fixed up. Most notably it's missing a magazine. I've been trolling the net looking for some for sale w/o having to buy the gun too and I'm coming up empty. If anyone has any leads on some it would be appreciated. :)

I took the 19 out for a bit of target practice with some .38 and it handles pretty awesomely, tons of fun to shoot. I was advised though that shooting .357 out of it too often might be a bad idea since it's the pre 80's version made for police carry, and was made for occasional full load use only.

Man, this inheritance just keeps getting better! The 39a is one of my favorite rifles:rockwoot:

As to the 19 and 357mag use, I think you'll be fine with a nice diet of 158gr loads. But, check it out for yourself, here's a good place to start Use of Magnum Loads in S&W Model 19 and Other K-Frame Magnums

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    A Marlin Golden 39A and a Plainfield M1. The Marlin needs a good cleaning and I think it will be good, but the M1 has some issues, though my rather uneducated guess is that it won't be too bad to get fixed up. Most notably it's missing a magazine. I've been trolling the net looking for some for sale w/o having to buy the gun too and I'm coming up empty.

M1 Carbine Magazines

Top Bottom