• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Thanks. That bird is going to the taxidermist. My goal is to have a grand slam of bearded hens mounted. I shot an Osceola bearded hen many years ago in the Glades. I have a Merriam bearded hen at the taxi and now with T's Eastern all we need is a Rio bearded hen. I just think it would be cool to have all four in bearded hens on display at the house.:cool:

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Congratulations to all that got birds this year. I also sat in the woods for two days heard a gobble way off on another property both days but could not get it to come any closer. Did catch a couple of ticks though. They appeared in my suv two days after and another the day after each hunt. One was crawling on my neck and the other was on my 4 1/2 yr old son's arm. I am really looking forward to getting swarmed with ticks during bow season.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Congratulations to all that got birds this year. I also sat in the woods for two days heard a gobble way off on another property both days but could not get it to come any closer. Did catch a couple of ticks though. They appeared in my suv two days after and another the day after each hunt. One was crawling on my neck and the other was on my 4 1/2 yr old son's arm. I am really looking forward to getting swarmed with ticks during bow season.

One word for ticks - Permanon

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    After passing up bearded hens the past few years on multiple occasions, my oldest daughter (age 12) decided this one that we have been seeing every hunt was riding home with her yesterday. We had a tom that just wouldn't cooperate so with the bearded lady in the decoys I asked her what she wanted to do and she said that she was going to shoot her. Fun hunt really with a unique bird to show for it. I will have a video up in a couple days.

Miss Trevor with her bearded hen.

2012TrevorTurkey-4.jpg

7 1/2" beard on this girl.

2012TrevorTurkey-5.jpg

That is a good camera, no?

rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I live about as far south in Indiana as you can get! In the last 3 during season I have not herd a bird gobble! I see a few but they don't even look up when I hit the call! Before season I'm seeing and hearing plenty of bird on both property's Most people I talk to around here are having the same luck! Next year I"m going to Kentucky or Tennessee!

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I live about as far south in Indiana as you can get! In the last 3 during season I have not herd a bird gobble! I see a few but they don't even look up when I hit the call! Before season I'm seeing and hearing plenty of bird on both property's Most people I talk to around here are having the same luck! Next year I"m going to Kentucky or Tennessee!

I'm in the same boat. Not even a gobble, but a month before season started, they were everywhere!! I'm going to do KY next year I think.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    I have had the same thing going on,I hunt H.N.F around the lakes tipsaw,indian in perry co. have not heard one at all this year,have not been that many times but in the mid 90s up to maybe 02 they would gobble there heads off.The last one I got two years ago gobbled a little bit but not like in the past,maybe pre seson calling or the A.T.Vs that are riding where they should not be!I know they are there you can see dropping,feathers and them raking the leafs looking for food.This year is kind of messed up with warm weather the woods are so grown up so early.Sure do miss hearing them gobbles,might have to look for some new spots next year.:dunno:

redhead

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Hey congrats to all who downed a jellyhead!

Spent 4 days in Hoosier National. Took a friend who never Turkey hunted before (you know where this is going) first day 1/2 into shooting light, gobbles all around us end up calling a gobbler and he smokes it, 24lbs 11 1/2" beard 3/4" spurs and he says this is easy. The rest of the week maybe heard a couple of gobbles, chased them up one ridge and down another all week. Ended up covered in mud, ticks and mosquito bites!! Ha thats why they call it hunting. Next year.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    For you guys that aren't seeing the birds - my wife was at our kitchen table a couple days ago when she saw something out of the corner of her eye. she looked over and it was a big turkey standing by the bird feeder.

I told her she should have jumped on the DNR website, bought a license, and ran out and blasted him!:):

About a week ago I almost ran into about half a dozen turkeys next to the road on my way to work. They are there quite often.

happy hunting folks. It looks like you guys are getting some nice birds.:yesway:

Top Bottom