• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Got mine yesterday, was my first time turkey hunting. 10.5" beard 1" spurs 23 lbs. It was an awsome hunt that I will never forget! For some reason I can't upload pictures from my iPad or IPhone, when I go to my profile to upload pictures I can't brows photos any more. Good luck to everyone else!!

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    If anyone in Floyd or Harrison county has any land they would let a first-time Turkey hunter use, please PM me. I have been looking for some land, and cannot find any. I bow hunt and shotgun.

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    2012-04-26007.jpg

got mine thursday evening.. in about 20 minutes..

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Yep, Grandpa is proud of his boy.He did a lot of the calling this bird too. He got his first squirrels this past season and is looking toward deer season.He's turning into quite a woodsman.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    4/28/12 at 0810hrs in Crawford County, IN.

As I scrolled down this thread and saw that picture, I thought "That looks like a field down here" and then I saw your comment. I've been hunting coyotes across Crawford County for years.

I killed a decent one on Thursday. 10.5" Beard, 22ish pounds, 1-9/16" (40mm) spurs.

2222222222.jpg

Those long spurs will cut ya'
    photobucket-1623-1335896108144.jpg

lildave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got my on Thur., 8:00 a.m. Came in silent, didn't respond to calls, but I heard him fly down so knew he was close. 20 lbs,10 in beard, 1 in spurs.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I had a bushy bearded bird come by me at 56 yards. He would not committ any closer but the Remington 870 with a .665 Rhino choke and shooting 4X5X7 Nitros reached out and got him

The beard fooled me as I thought he was a fully mature bird. He was a nice 2 year old.

Light bird..

15 pounds 8 ounces.

The Warrick county taxidermist/check in said all birds he has checked this year are light as opposed to last year. His biggest was 21 pounds with most going in the mid to upper teens.

9 1/2" beard and 7/8" spurs

33e87846.jpg

This kind of makes up for the three decoys I had stolen a few days before..

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Flintim,

That one picture is worth a hundred pictures of us "old timers".

Enjoy your time with your hunting buddy.

Congratulations to that young hunter!

May he be as equally successful in deer season...

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    After passing up bearded hens the past few years on multiple occasions, my oldest daughter (age 12) decided this one that we have been seeing every hunt was riding home with her yesterday. We had a tom that just wouldn't cooperate so with the bearded lady in the decoys I asked her what she wanted to do and she said that she was going to shoot her. Fun hunt really with a unique bird to show for it. I will have a video up in a couple days.

Miss Trevor with her bearded hen.

2012TrevorTurkey-4.jpg

7 1/2" beard on this girl.

2012TrevorTurkey-5.jpg

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Reading through this post... I am taking my hunters ed course so I can get turkey season this fall... will be my first time hunting was hoping to see some of this spring season... But this hunters ed through me through a loop.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Congrats to Miss Trevor and you. I would imagine it was as exciting for you as it was for her. Thats a special bird for sure. [btw...it would make a great stuffer decoy] That would fool any tom.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Reading through this post... I am taking my hunters ed course so I can get turkey season this fall... will be my first time hunting was hoping to see some of this spring season... But this hunters ed through me through a loop.

Did you check out the "apprentice license"?

Apprentice Licenses

An individual of any age, resident or non-resident, can buy an apprentice hunting license without having to take a hunter education class. An individual can purchase up to three apprentice hunting licenses, of any combination, in his/her lifetime. While hunting, the apprentice hunter at all times must be in close proximity to and be able to communicate with a hunter who is at least 18 years old and has a valid hunting license (unless exempt from needing a hunting license). The individual who accompanies the apprentice hunter cannot accompany more than two apprentice hunters at one time while afield.

The apprentice resident youth consolidated hunting and trapping license includes the same licenses and stamps as the regular resident youth consolidated hunting and trapping license; it only exempts the license holder from needing to take a hunter education class. Landowners or lessees of farmland and their children living with them who meet the requirements for hunting license exemptions also are exempt from needing an apprentice hunting license.

Youth License

The resident youth consolidated hunting and trapping license, for resident youth 17 and younger, covers the annual resident hunting and trapping licenses, turkey licenses, game bird habitat, Indiana migratory waterfowl, trout/salmon stamp privileges and all deer licenses. Non-resident youths 17 and younger may purchase the appropriate non-resident youth license: annual hunting, deer, turkey, or trapping. However, a non-resident under 18 years of age, who has a parent, grandparent or legal guardian who is a resident of Indiana, may purchase a resident youth consolidated license to hunt or trap in Indiana.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2343.htm

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-2011-12_Hunting_Trapping_Guide.pdf

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Didn't go but only two days...........in a spot I'd never been (this weekend).
    Public ground too.
    Heard a couple both days. Learned the area. Never got a tom close enough to nuke.
    Wish I had tomorrow off :(
    So............Greene-Sullivan Grudge Kill- April 2013.

Top Bottom