• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm guessing the owners don't want to make it a charity. A lot more headaches than it currently is. Also, it's not the intent of the site, but I'm just a lowly user of the site.

Just don't itemize and it won't matter :)

_0llZll0_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Hoosierdoc,
    I understand what you are trying to accomplish. I have read the other thread about charity. I am not a "church goer" but i always like to help when i can. Message me and i will see what i can do to help.

Z

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Posted info over at AR15 hometown section

I always participate with Toys for Tots and would be willing to donate tot this cause also.

Just let me know where to send money.

Also, do we plan on posting a report back on the family after the holidays?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Gonna spread a little around :) Income has taken a hit, but not as much as a lot of people. Mine's 15, but there are a lot of little ones out there on the short end.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thanks guys, already $193 donated and another $100+ pledged! I hope that we can get several of us together to meet with the family(ies) to delivery the blessings. We'll be sure to post a follow-up of how they reacted.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Count me in for some funds... God has Blessed my family, so helping others just comes naturally.

I agree about the not wanting to form an "Official" charity. If things go well, though... more than one family wouldn't hurt my feelings...

Helping a victim of a violent crime sounds like a great route. Are we going to "nominate" families for this or pick a news story from the headlines??? Just trying to get a feel for people's thoughts on how to dispurse the funds.

-GNRPowdeR

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Are we going to "nominate" families for this or pick a news story from the headlines??? Just trying to get a feel for people's thoughts on how to dispurse the funds.

-GNRPowdeR

Personally I would prefer to have those who donated decide who to help and to do it via email or PM instead of a forum. I'd rather not have it open to public review who was/was not chosen and why. If there is publicity that follows, the last thing that we want is a thread where people can see our discussions of the worthiness of various victims since it detracts from what we're trying to accomplish.

that being said, If anyone knows of a situation we can potentially help, send a PM along!

I'm using my .sig to shamelessly plug the program too :) Fenway has permitted us to use the INGO name as well.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Personally I would prefer to have those who donated decide who to help and to do it via email or PM instead of a forum. I'd rather not have it open to public review who was/was not chosen and why. If there is publicity that follows, the last thing that we want is a thread where people can see our discussions of the worthiness of various victims since it detracts from what we're trying to accomplish.

that being said, If anyone knows of a situation we can potentially help, send a PM along!

I'm using my .sig to shamelessly plug the program too :) Fenway has permitted us to use the INGO name as well.

I trust you to choose wisely.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I was reading this, and it got me thinking about the holidays and who would be good to help. I dont disagree with the victims of violent crimes, as that would put a good light on us gun owners and prove that we arent all out to cause harm. It would maybe even change the victims stance on firearms owners as Im sure they would probably have a bad taste in their mouth.

One thing I keep on coming back to is the stories you hear on the news, every year, how around christmas time someones house gets robbed and all their gifts stolen. Someones house catches fire and they have no gifts or anything for their children. I think that maybe a story like that would be a good opportunity to help a family in need and maybe give them that ray of hope they need to keep their spirits up.

I havent donated yet because I dont have the spare funds at this time, but I will when I get my bonus. I dont know how much my opinion means as someone who hasnt given yet to those who have, but I figured I would add my input.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And the good news, INGO Christmas Family project is now over $600 donated! I have to say I am astounded, humbled, and pround to be part of a group who will anonymously donate their hard-earned money towards a cause such as this. :ingo:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Folks, I am just the new guy here but have a suggestion for maybe next year or something. What about a group of orphans here in this state. I know there are alot of needy kids but none more needy than prphans. They don't even have parents.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Count me and Mrs. GPD in as well. If you get a particular family, and can get sizes and or ages of kids, let us know. My better half would love to go shopping for toys and clothes for the kids in the family.

Top Bottom