HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    How much ammo should be brought?

If you wish to take the training you will need a minimum of 300 rounds but 500 is better! also a good belt holster, by good I meen Leather or kydex, nylon holsters don't hold up well and don't allow for a clean draw, they tend to ride up with the gun when you draw, especially in a fast draw.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    IF you get a kydex holster, take it from experience, line the inside with velvet or felt. Just trust me.

I'd really like to have a custom Galco Leather holster with a slight cant for my BDE, but I just can't justify a custom $200 holster... :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    IF you get a kydex holster, take it from experience, line the inside with velvet or felt. Just trust me.

I'd really like to have a custom Galco Leather holster with a slight cant for my BDE, but I just can't justify a custom $200 holster... :dunno:

What about a custom $80 Kydex holster? :dunno:

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    If you wish to take the training you will need a minimum of 300 rounds but 500 is better! also a good belt holster, by good I meen Leather or kydex, nylon holsters don't hold up well and don't allow for a clean draw, they tend to ride up with the gun when you draw, especially in a fast draw.

So is the plan to complete the training we started in Evansville? You remember the temperature was around 110 degrees and people were dropping like flies. I dropped anyway. (big fly):):

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I want to do the training, but right now I can barely walk, I don't think I will be able to do the movement drills

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I got a Raven at the 1500. what's with the felt or whatnot in kydex holsters?

I need a new belt more than anything else.

Well, with a steel gun you might not notice it for a while, or it might do it in reverse, but with my BDE, it started rubbing down the polymer frame on the business end of the gun from repeated draw practicing. Now, with a steel frame pistol, you might scratch the end of the gun, but I would be more concerned with the gun wearing a large groove in the holster that would scratch up the gun even worse. :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, I was really upset when I realized what was happening. I THINK I made a thread about it on here, but I don't remember. Anyway, yea, I'll show you at the shoot what happened. I almost wanted to cry cause it's not something that can be fixed.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Yea, I was really upset when I realized what was happening. I THINK I made a thread about it on here, but I don't remember. Anyway, yea, I'll show you at the shoot what happened. I almost wanted to cry cause it's not something that can be fixed.

YUK! maybe I'll bring a different holster for this event instead!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    On a positive note, after all this time, I now consider it a character mark. Especially since this is one gun I will NEVER get rid of, even after I put 150K rounds through it and it finally shatters. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom