Not open for further replies.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Since we're getting all know-it-all, and being the autism spectrum engineer I am, I have to unload. The intertubes history started out back in the 60s, and implementation started in the early 70s. It was originally called "ARPANet", a primarily .mil/.gov network between some universities and corporations which I was first on back in 1983 with USENET up at PU. TCP/IP, the transfer protocol, came around in 82. The public internet wasn't available until the 90's. I had my first "internet" email from 1996 until a few months ago; there weren't many older. Before that, for mere mortals there were BBSs, CompuServe, AOL and such, but that wasn't actually internet until they made the transition when the internet went public. AOL still sucks.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, I know. But he could have been a pr*** about it.

(Thought the cuss filter would catch that one, but it didn't. Hee hee....)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hmmm... make sure your shields are up folks... my security software here at work has them blocked hard due to security issues. And I'm part of the admin group that has access to EVERYTHING that doesnt potentially hose your system. If MY access is blocked, something is (or was at one time) fishy with that IP address. (and not just a "we dont want you to see this type of content" block)

Either they have something truly dangerous on their site, or another website on the same shared server is malicious. The latter is common on cheap shared hosting plans. Be careful kids.

Blocked request: Restricted site
    Reason: security risk
    Threat Source: 209.236.125.156
    Access to this website is restricted as it represents a security risk.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think I'm going to join and tell 'em I'm from France!! And I have a eating disorder, I can't stop eating popcorn!

I think I will be MissKitty over there....better see if they have that name already taken! If it is, I could be CrazyCatLady or something like that.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Hmmm... make sure your shields are up folks... my security software here at work has them blocked hard due to security issues. And I'm part of the admin group that has access to EVERYTHING that doesnt potentially hose your system. If MY access is blocked, something is (or was at one time) fishy with that IP address. (and not just a "we dont want you to see this type of content" block)

Either they have something truly dangerous on their site, or another website on the same shared server is malicious. The latter is common on cheap shared hosting plans. Be careful kids.

So much for your dance off. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom