• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Short Version: Post what you are good at or knowledgeable about and would answer questions about.

Long Version:
    Hey guys. I was thinking about this last night and thought it might be a neat idea, we'll see how it is received.

I was thinking of getting a post where INGO members could list the things they are knowledgeable about. Say you are a career welder, you have large amounts of knowledge about that field and if you would be willing to answer questions about it then that is a good resource to have, especially in a local forum. If someone wants to try doing some welding on their own, they could PM you and ask you some questions knowing that you may have the answers. It seems like everyone is an "expert" or at least "knowledgeable" about something.

This could be anything; flashlights, welding, dog training (Josh Smith?), evasive driving (LEOs?), gun maintenance, etc. Literally anything. I would like people to list maybe a primary and a secondary topic that they are more knowledgeable about than the average person and would be willing to be a resource for other members with questions on those topics. Maybe include a small blurb about why you chose those, if you would like.

I'll go first.

Primary Area: Materials (Metals, Polymers, Ceramics, Composites)

Support: I'm working for a materials lab for a large aerospace company, have a bachelor's in Materials Science and Engineering and am in the process of getting my master's degree in about the same field.

------

Secondary Area: Computers (Web sites, building computers, problems, upgrading, etc.)

Support: Just a computer geek in general. I maintain a few websites and have built multiple computers for friends and family as well as work on their computers if they have problems. I've helped clubs and groups get their websites up and running Home for example.

:popcorn:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Automatic transmissions
    Aquariums
    welding
    women

I rebuilt transmissions for over 20 years.

I have a company that sets up and sevices aquariums

I welded for a machine shop and I built my own (3) rear engine dragster chasis and I welded broken transmissions cases.

Have loved women all my life...... all I know is that when dealing with women you have to ask yourself one question - do you want to be happy or do you want to be right?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    BACON

I love smelling it, tasting it, hearing it fry, touching it, looking at it, tasting it, thinking about it, talking about it, tasting it, etc.

I can travel if you need my help.:)

Mole Exterminating

I hates me some moles. Pitchfork has many many notches.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'm going to bump this a couple times over the next week to give it a chance to take off. If it doesn't by then, then I'll let it die. I thought it would be helpful, like the services offered thread up in the stickies.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Primary: I am a Mole. I work as a PM for a tunnel company and our logo is a mole. So hey watch that pitchfork.

Secondary: I don't know I just work at being a mole.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Primary: Plumbing- 12 years new construction and service work.

Secondary: Late 60 to late 80's chevy cars & trucks. About 23 yrs.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Electronics - 30 years in electronics.
    Ham Radio - 32 years in amateur radio
    Personal computers - Playing with PCs before PCs were cool. Anyone remember Polymorphics Ploy-88?
    HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography)
    GC (Gas Chromatography)

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Electronics - 30 years in electronics.
    Ham Radio - 32 years in amateur radio
    Personal computers - Playing with PCs before PCs were cool. Anyone remember Polymorphics Ploy-88?
    HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography)
    GC (Gas Chromatography)

My dad was an electronics engineer for Wavetek, remember the Tectronics 4055 with its screen that you had to refresh and the plotters that you had to change the pins to change the color?

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    masonry restoration,cleaning, tuckpointing,brick and stone repair and replacement,waterproofing and caulking.elastimeric coatings,stone and cement patching,specialty coatings.26 years

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Computers: Networking, Wireless, some Cisco, repairs, upgrades, custom builds, new site build outs, pretty much anything you need

Support: BS in Computer Science, Minor in Management Information Systems

IP Camera installs: Security, survalance, LAN or WAN,

Support: Spent two summers designing and installing IP video systems working with Axis, panasonic and sony equipment.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Current work involves wiring phone jacks, ethernet, 66 blocks, 110 blocks, coax, some wall fishing(which I hate doing on finished homes if it's avoidable)PC networking, hooking up AV equipment. Beyond that stuff, I know my way around inside of a computer. I can do some soldering. I have a cheapo SLR camera(Canon D-Rebel XT) :gotpics:and I know how to use it decently enough. Otherwise, I learn how to do stuff easily enough as long as someone actually shows me how to do it. Reading material usually doesn't do it for me if I have to learn something. Only other jobs I've held before my current one(other than the call center) have involved pushing shopping carts, janitorial work, and warehouse work.

But if/when the SHTF :runaway:, just like the rest of you, I'm probably better off than a good chunk of our fellow countrymen in :ar15: vandals/zombies/idiots/game, starting fires :whistle:., and other general survival stuff, and I did have to take CPR and first aid training for work.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Area: Locksmith (Commerical, residential, and Auto)​

Support: Locksmith for 3 years​

Area: Computer repair and networking​

Support: CISCO and Computer Repair/networking training through BD Area 31 program.​

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I'm good at Indy 500 trivia and drinking Miller High Life.

I'm a firefighter/emt so I can do everything that entails. Also, I completed a four year electrical apprenticeship.

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    IT Support - All around IT services (servers/desktops). Worked for the Department of Defense as an overseas contractor for the last 8 years (Baghdad and Kosovo). Can fix just about anything IT related. Currently employed by a very large defense contractor.

Classic Mustangs - Don't know a whole lot about the internals but I have a classic 66' convertible.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    AK47 master! , I'm a Home remodeling nut. I'm also good at real-estate. Mortgages and contracts. Can do almost any mathmatics in my head. And can tell you whats wrong with any house, estimate and list needed materials and estimate costs at alarming accuracy. (doing it 2 many years) And am curently looking for 1 or 2 more rentals. Im really good at eating bacon.... !

And yes the market will return..... And im still well above water on all my investments :) Turtle! Turtle!

Top Bottom