• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Someone I know made mention of a lower with some INGO logo stamped on it instead of a brand name? Not trying to dupe a convo, just wondering about it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    At one time, there were several unauthorized INGO lowers produced. However, they were sold without the knowledge or permission of INGO, LLC. and are considered trademark infringement.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I thought INGO allowed a limited run. My bad.

Fenway was discussing the possibility with a local manufacturer. The manufacturer took it upon himself to produce and sell small sample run without Fenway's permission. There are six out there, I believe, and none of them are sanctioned.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's where the confusion came from. Has he given thought to trying again? We've got some reputable guys on here now and it would make a cool raffle item.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Fenway was discussing the possibility with a local manufacturer. The manufacturer took it upon himself to produce and sell small sample run without Fenway's permission. There are six out there, I believe, and none of them are sanctioned.

That's pretty low, selling without permission.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's pretty low, selling without permission.

I don't know the full details, but I know that after the initial discussion, Fenway tried for weeks to get ahold of anyone at the manufacturer and no one would return his calls. Some time later, the lowers started appearing on the market. I think two of them even popped up in the classifieds here, much to our surprise. I have no idea where the graphic came from, whether it was a sample that Fenway provided or they created their own.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's where the confusion came from. Has he given thought to trying again? We've got some reputable guys on here now and it would make a cool raffle item.

I think he's still interested, but I couldn't tell you for sure. Raffling firearms is tough to do, legally. We tried a few years ago and we couldn't find a way to do it while staying within the law. It's a lot simpler to just give one away. Once you start involving money, the Man starts getting all upset.

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    I'm a Legion Member and my post raffles off that firearms all the time. Maybe it's because you have to be in a club. If that were the case couldn't you do it amongst site supporters or something a kin?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm a Legion Member and my post raffles off that firearms all the time. Maybe it's because you have to be in a club. If that were the case couldn't you do it amongst site supporters or something a kin?

I don't recall the details but I believe that may have been part of it.

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Regardless, I would buy one. I bet if you started a poll you'd find a lot of other that would too. Get this thing in production.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a feeling there are more than six out there. I've seen two with my own eyes, and I don't get around much.

I only know of six that were actually produced. I've personally seen two, and I know who owns at least two others. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to learn that there are more counterfeits out there.

Top Bottom