• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If Z would have been found guilty all of the M supporters would have been praising the jury verdict and telling everyone to respect our system.

And Z supporters would have been digging up everything about the Martins to prove Z's innocence. Wait, that is happening even though Z was found innocent, so I'm not sure what we would have done had he been found guilty.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This wasn't meant to turn into a GZ vs TM thread, it was meant to mock the futility of the other threads rehashing hash that shouldn't have been hash in the first place. B29 said it; there should have never been a trial, it was publicity stunt. I'm going to lock it and you can all discuss how racist you aren't on one of the other threads.

what happened to the damned lock button?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This wasn't meant to turn into a GZ vs TM thread, it was meant to mock the futility of the other threads rehashing hash that shouldn't have been hash in the first place. B29 said it; there should have never been a trial, it was publicity stunt. I'm going to lock it and you can all discuss how racist you aren't on one of the other threads.

what happened to the damned lock button?

The country has been emotionally stirred up by the idiots in the media and Gov. over this simple case. Race was the main (and only) issue they had to push this forward. There is no way it is over yet. Like a dog with a sweet new bone they will hold onto this till the very end.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Its the break room.......laugh a little guys, thought the thread was in good humor. Play along please or this thread might go to General Politics......yikes!!!!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And Z supporters would have been digging up everything about the Martins to prove Z's innocence. Wait, that is happening even though Z was found innocent, so I'm not sure what we would have done had he been found guilty.

My guess is that the liberal political groups would have marked it up as a win. They would have trumpeted the fact that justice was only done because they got involved and forced the prosecution. They would have been further emboldened to try to push their agenda of gun control and weakening self defense laws further.

The folks on the right would have shaken their heads and wondered why someone in this country would be prosecuted at the behest of outside political groups. They would have continued to point out how the legal system should be color blind. They would have pointed out the hypocrisy that the new face of gun control and getting rid of stand your ground laws is/was himself, a member of one of the most violent street gangs in the country. One of the gangs that cause the statistic that young black men are 9 times more likely to be shot by another young black man than by a white. Of course we would be called racist for pointing this out.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Martin Luther King Jr. - "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

One enjoyed fighting and making his opponent bleed, smoking dope, drinking "lean" which caused internal organ damage by proof of the autopsy, had stolen jewelry found in his locker at school and was kicked out of school for fighting and drug possession.

The other got a cops son arrested for beating a homeless black man, wanted to serve the law, wanted to protect his community from the rash of crime that was apparent and kept in contact with authorities as he did so. He took a beating and screamed for help knowing he had a gun.

A year before the trial though, the prosecution made sure it was about race and emotion and got the lion's share of support from the public and even the president. Once the trial started, all that stuff about character was deemed inadmisable.

Even after the ruling, people in the media are still pushing emotion instead of understanding and accepting why GZ was not found guilty in aaccordance to law.

I'm tired of hearing about it too and too many people are expecting this case to set a presidence in judicial proceedings and racial bias. It should have been a local news story, but TM's parents pushed for it to be a national matter.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My guess is that the liberal political groups would have marked it up as a win. They would have trumpeted the fact that justice was only done because they got involved and forced the prosecution. They would have been further emboldened to try to push their agenda of gun control and weakening self defense laws further.

The folks on the right would have shaken their heads and wondered why someone in this country would be prosecuted at the behest of outside political groups. They would have continued to point out how the legal system should be color blind. They would have pointed out the hypocrisy that the new face of gun control and getting rid of stand your ground laws is/was himself, a member of one of the most violent street gangs in the country. One of the gangs that cause the statistic that young black men are 9 times more likely to be shot by another young black man than by a white. Of course we would be called racist for pointing this out.

So, basically this side is all talk, no matter what happens.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    tumblr_lf8lmcFysO1qzqorf.gif

Top Bottom