• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who will you vote for in the May 4th primary?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    yeah I know what to expect from him too as do many of us. STORM TROOPERS COMING TO COLLECT YOUR GUNS!!!! is what you'll get by voting for Dan Coats.

as far a john hostetler turning liberal,,,,well that will never happen because he believes in following the constitution not burning it!

The day U.S Gov't passes the law to confiscate our firearms is the day we the people no longer abide by those laws.

I just don't see any politicians bold enough to risk his career to push for abolition of firearms.

It will never happen in million years.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    yeah I know what to expect from him too as do many of us. STORM TROOPERS COMING TO COLLECT YOUR GUNS!!!! is what you'll get by voting for Dan Coats.

as far a john hostetler turning liberal,,,,well that will never happen because he believes in following the constitution not burning it!

He just doesn't understand the principles of liberty that went into writing it. If he did, he wouldn't have helped author the Patriot Act - which takes away our first amendment rights when served with one of those special warrants.

Our elections are still free. If all you do is focus on the one guy you have to beat - instead of the guy you want to win, you'll never have the best candidate win.

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    That's what the English and the Aussies said!

It did happen because they elected officials like Dan Coats.

I can't speak for English and Aussies, but I believe in the free spirited Americans.

They(U.S Gov't) couldn't even keep the booze away from us too long.

What makes you think that they can take the firearms away from us?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Dan Coats has some biased opinions towards gun owners, and I must say it is rather unfortunate, but that is just one aspect of his prolific political career.

Well if his support for the AWB and the Brady Bill are unfortunate, what would you call his support and endorsement for Paul Helmke when Helmke ran for office (prior to becoming the liar in chief at the Brady Campaign)?

Most folks seem to be disappointed with Dick Lugar, but if you compare the voting records of Lugar and Coats, you will see that Coats actually votes to the LIBERAL LEFT of Dick Lugar and its hard to suggest that Lugar is anything other than a 'moderate' or a RINO in modern political terms.

So if his gun votes are 'unfortunate' then are the rest of his votes TRAGIC?

Picture4-1.png

Picture5.png

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Dan Coats has some biased opinions towards gun owners, and I must say it is rather unfortunate, but that is just one aspect of his prolific political career.

I'm tired of career politicians of ANY stripe; Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian, whatever. I don't expect to agree with any politician on every issue, but I can abide by one that I agree with say, 80% of the time. But what I can't stand is the career politician who's become totally out of touch with the people he works for. I'm for term-limits and I think people like Coats are the embodiment of my argument. Dan Coats has shown his disdain for the Constitution many times during his "prolific political career" My only real issues with Hostetler are his vote for the hideous Patriot Act and the fact that he's been in the House for many years. I'm leaning toward voting for him however but I intend to take the next two weeks to make up my mind. Behney and Stutzman are both worthy, serious candidates who deserve serious consideration

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    YOu know what to expect alright... just what he did before... you can expect him to nominate liberal judges and vote for more gun control like he did in the past while trashing hoosiers and moving out of state?

Dan Coats gets my vote.

Familiar face. I know, I know, it is an easy way out, but at least I know what to expect from him.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO...All incumbents and lifetime politicians OUT....Turn the House and the Senate upside down. Too many lawyers in Congress, not enough representation of the ppl.....I.E. trash man, well driller, nurse, etc.

:twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Originally Posted by ruger17hmr
    Dan Coats gets my vote.

Familiar face. I know, I know, it is an easy way out, but at least I know what to expect from him.

Yeah you know what i think your right, ive seen dan coats face around somewhere before, too. give me a second to put my finger on it ........

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Look, you guys are going to vote for who you're going to vote for. All I ask is that you meet Richard Behney for yourself. He's the BEST guy for the job and isn't a career politician. Anyone talking about voting for someone based on their political career is missing the whole point of the Tea Parties. We don't want ANYONE that's been in the same office, let alone have a "career" as a politician.

We NEED new, fresh blood in Washington.

If we don't get it, we'll never, ever get out of this crap we dug ourselves into.

Behney is the type of guy that will repeal laws. Not make them. If a law NEEDS to be made, count on him to fight it tooth and nail until it conforms with the Constitution. Period.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The day U.S Gov't passes the law to confiscate our firearms is the day we the people no longer abide by those laws.

I just don't see any politicians bold enough to risk his career to push for abolition of firearms.

It will never happen in million years.

Wow! You give meaning to the adage of, "those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it".

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    We NEED new, fresh blood in Washington.

If we don't get it, we'll never, ever get out of this crap we dug ourselves into.

man i couldnt agree with you more on the above statements, but just like getting our gun rights back we have to take baby steps before we can run. voting for your guy is not the reasonable thing to do right now to get us back in somewhat of control in D.C. He might be a great candidate and the next george washington, but he doesnt have a serious chance in hell of getting elected and neither does stuntzman. and i cant just throw my vote away when it could have counted for something, even if it only got us 1/4 of the way to where we need to be, at least we will be moving foreward instead of rolling down hill like we are now. A steam locomotive was one of the most powerful and fast inventions of its time, but look how slow it started. but at least you knew that when it started to move foreward you were not going backwards.
    Thats truely what this race in my opinion is about. its about our shot right here and now, to start moving foreward (or back in time) to the REPUBLIC our founders gave us to preserve. This is it guys, its do or die time. seriously. we are on a collision coarse with the station because we've been going the wrong way on a one way track for too long.

Vote for momentum foreward. vote hostetler!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He's the BEST guy for the job and isn't a career politician.

I believe this! However, our gun rights must come first. Quite simply, everything else is secondary. At this time, your guy doesn't have a hope of helping our cause. Honestly, a vote for him is a vote for Coats.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm just not going to do it. I'm not going to compromise my vote and my soul anymore. I can't do it. I just can't do it.

If we don't start giving other candidates part of the vote, they'll never get their name out there. If they don't get their name out there, they'll never get the exposure they NEED to win.

Don't compromise.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Be sure to remember this when they are swearing in Governor Coats.

The all-or-nothing guys always finish with nothing.

Trust me, I will. And I'll be the first one to protest against, and campaign against, and rally against any douchebag move he tries to make, too.

What was everyone saying in 08? Something about a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for obamatard? Well guess what. It wouldn't have mattered a damn bit because it was the Electoral College that got him into office. Not the Popular vote. And now, the same thing is being said. However it doesn't matter if you vote for whoever. Unless a non-career politician makes it to office, it's just not going to matter.

Top Bottom