• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The old guy that serves papers around here looks EXACTLY like the old guy that played the library cop on Seinfeld! And, no, I haven't been served with any kind of papers, I just know who the guy is.

Bookman!

maxresdefault.jpg

Excellent episode.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    because fortunately "nothing happened" this is EXACTLY the time to address both the problem (getting to the wrong address) and the attitude

If one of my employees treats a customer poorly and the customer tells me I don't say "oh well, good thing THAT customer didn't leave". I discipline the employee AND I try to identify a way to prevent whatever error caused the conflict in the first place

Of COURSE he should file a complaint. Attempting to enter someone's apartment illegally isn't "OK" just because he didn't mean it. The very fact he wasn't remorseful illustrates this. The cop (or "constable") should be the one living in fear of what bad things COULD have happened and be figuring out what to do differently the next time.
    exactly. That's what I'm trying to say. If he would have gotten in it would have been illegally and the homeowner/renter could have possibly shot him. The dick attitude is just the topper.
    These wrong address mistakes are ones that just cannot be allowed to happen. It's easily avoidable

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    He also shouldn't litter but what are you gonna do.
    What would I do? If I were in charge of the process I would first talk to the employee and find out what happened; if he's not a total jerk the very fact he tried to go in the wrong house should make him more careful. But I would also revisit the process of serving warrants, walking in doors, anything that involves finding an address and look for ways to get some redundancy. Anything that is subject to human error needs some kind of procedural backup system. The effort/expense/time put into the backup system depends on how high the impact of a mistake is.

If I were the OP here, that is what would make me happy: no harm came to me and I'll be happy if you just tell me you are taking steps to avoid this happening again.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    But, what if he did kick in the door and the lease was worded in a way that allowed the landlord, or his rep to enter the apartment if the landlord deems it to be an emergency, but the landlord is actually a woman and the lease does not have a clause stating that any pronouns apply to both genders? What then? I tell you what then, lights out mother ****ers. You can take that to the bank.

Mic drop. You win. Thread closed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh yeah I forgot, this is INGO. It's always about so much more than the original topic.

or a request for information that is available with Google or a phone call is a pretense to tell a story looking for a "Hell Yeah!"

Either way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    or a request for information that is available with Google or a phone call is a pretense to tell a story looking for a "Hell Yeah!"

Either way.
    I vote that we all start talking about what we had for breakfast.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I am thinking a pursuit for relief needs to be initiated against the apartment complex management. They had the contractional basis to initiate the eviction action and they undoubtedly erred in pointing Barney to the wrong door.

Old Prof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2015
    West Lafayette
    I'd be rather po'd at the apartment management for handing over a key to my apartment based on an eviction notice for another address. It seems like they are as much at fault as the constable.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'd be rather po'd at the apartment management for handing over a key to my apartment based on an eviction notice for another address. It seems like they are as much at fault as the constable.

They didn't hand him the key to his apartment. That's why it didn't work.

Top Bottom