Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow, didn't know constable was a thing. Thanks Denny

and OP, perhaps you would have had a minor inconvenience and a big lawsuit. Maybe you should have gone to work today.

follow-up: were you actually sick?

He may need a doctor's note.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The old guy that serves papers around here looks EXACTLY like the old guy that played the library cop on Seinfeld! And, no, I haven't been served with any kind of papers, I just know who the guy is.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So what if the officer pissed you off, scared you, ruined your day by showing you how little recourse you have to him making a "minor" mistake. These types of mistakes sometimes end with someone dead..no big deal because this time it didn't happen. Go on about your business, nothing to see here.

See? He agrees with me.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    To file a complaint on an officer you call their department, give their name, the address where the complainable action occurred, and what the officer did. Posting about it on INGO isn't going to get it done for you.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    OK OK OK, let us clear this up. This was not a Deputy nor an officer, it was a Constable. They dress like a deputy but they are not. They serve at the behest of the small claims court and elected Constable for the township. Indiana law allows them to serve papers and have LE powers but ZERO training. Soooooo, a complaint will have to go to the Township court from where the eviction originated and it does not have to be the same township that the apartment is located. Ask the manager which court they take all their eviction cases to. They are a PITA to deal with since they answer to no one other than the elected Constable. They even drive their own cars but are allowed to have emergency equipment.

To file a complaint on an officer you call their department, give their name, the address where the complainable action occurred, and what the officer did. Posting about it on INGO isn't going to get it done for you.
    Props to denny and frank for actually trying to address the issue which the OP was asking for help with on how to file a complaint.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Or nowadays you can just e-mail, that's what I did, not an official complaint but just to let them know one of your guys was being a douche. Much like this case, it was a mistake but the guy sounds like a tool, he just got all defensive and tough because he was embarrassed at his own incompetence.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well I guess he could have legally shot him if he managed to get inside so yeah I think a complaint is warranted

At what point did the guy try to break in? And, I don't think I'd go giving that as legal advice. That is not at all clear.

Sure, file a complaint. Seems clear that it was a wrong address followed by some rudeness. What's the end game here?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    At what point did the guy try to break in? And, I don't think I'd go giving that as legal advice. That is not at all clear.

Sure, file a complaint. Seems clear that it was a wrong address followed by some rudeness. What's the end game here?
    if you enter my dwelling without permission key or not then your breaking in.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, he's probably not going to illegally enter with the wrong key.
    He was NOT breaking down the door.
    Had the OP not been there, the key wouldn't have worked.
    The constable (or whatever) would have went back to the manager's office to explain.
    Hopefully there they would figure out he went to the wrong place.

Top Bottom