• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Weighed in this morning and hit my first weight loss goal of 20#'s. Took 3 weeks longer than I had originally targeted, but that's ok. Next goal is another 10#'s, based on this loss my target date is July 31.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did 2.8 miles tonight in 29 minutes, not a speed demon by any means, but my goal for my next 5k is under 30 minutes. I just cant get a handle on this running thing, I felt great tonight, but don't feel like I did as good as Tuesdays run, when I felt tired and almost didn't run! At least I don't hurt after a run anymore.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Been hitting it hard and now I have my massage/maintenance day tomorrow. I am going to recommend this again to everyone. I get 1 hour session once a month and my performance increases every time.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I went on a 15 mile bicycle ride Sunday night. And yesterday, got off work, cut the grass, and ran just under 2 miles.

It's been a while since I went running. My time sucks. And I need new shoes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We've been hitting it hard. Going daily now. I took Saturday off to shoot all day, but, for now, daily feels good.

2 five by fives tonight.

1st: biceps, pylopushups, Brocks, Hindus, and military presses.

2nd 5x5: five different variants of sit ups.

I think I'll run tomorrow. Exercising is fine but without cardio the stress hormones build the food blister.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I have been eating healthy and weight training and cardio consistently for a couple years now. I was making good progress the first year then it slowed and I haven't been making improvements the last few months but I am still training hard. My body fat has been staying around 17% and my weight has been steady at 170lbs. I haven't been getting stronger on the weights lately. I would like to get my body fat to the low teens while staying 165 to 170lbs. I am 49. I just got my T level checked and dock says I am a little low. He increased my androgel that I have been on for around two years from a pump a day to two pumps a day. I don't know if the low T was hurting my progress. I will see.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    ... I just got my T level checked and dock says I am a little low. He increased my androgel that I have been on for around two years from a pump a day to two pumps a day. I don't know if the low T was hurting my progress. I will see.

I am not an MD, but from what my doc has said and what I have read, low T could be part of the issue.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Started a new cycle of stoppani cardio and weights. It smokes me but it works as long as your consistent. Definitely have to up the caloric intake and keep a calendar.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    25 mile training run in 2 hours and 44 minutes last night. Started at 7 minute pace and cut down to 5:50 for the last 6 miles and then a 5:35 last mile.

100 mile race in 11 weeks. 9 more training weeks before taper. I'm at 132 pounds and only need to drop another 4 pounds before the race.

Pretty stoked about this training segment. Ready to tear up this race. I'm really hoping to join the sub 14 hour 100 mile club, and with the way training is going, I think I'm on the right track.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did a 1.625 miles tonight, first run since last Thursday. Did quite a few miles in some very rugged terrain in Tennessee the last several days. Been having a little soreness in my right knee since last weeks run, it bothered me a few times while hiking, but after my legs loosened up it felt ok, not great, just ok. I'm gonna go easy this weekend, and next week, and hopefully be 100% for the 5K July 4 at Buffalo trace distillery.

Anxious to weigh in in the morning, as I said, we did a lot of hoofing it on vacation, and I ate way more than usual, but I feel like, and according to Myfitnesspal, I never over did it with the food and drink (Tennessee has Yuengling, I'm not gonna let that opportunity slip by):):

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I don't know if the low T was hurting my progress. I will see.

I am not an MD, but from what my doc has said and what I have read, low T could be part of the issue.

I use subcutaneous testosterone pellets and when it's time to get them, I can always tell. My gains diminish along with energy, etc.

I'm a huge supporter of T therapy for those over 40.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh, forget to post a follow up to my earlier post! I weigh in on Friday mornings, and last Friday was my first weigh in since going to Tennessee for vacation, where I ate and drank pretty much anything I wanted (including 7/8ths of a large pizza from Big Daddys brick oven in Gatlinburg, and huge bowl of delicious soft serve ice cream), anyway, I weighed 197 this past Friday, EXACTLY the same as the previous Friday, so I guess there's something to all of the running and serious hiking I've been doing!

We're running a 5K this Saturday, and I'm really excited about it, but taking it very easy on the running this week, I'll do 1.5 miles tomorrow evening, then nothing else but maybe a leisurely walk Friday morning. Gonna do my push ups tomorrow but probably skip Friday.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Weighed in this morning and hit my first weight loss goal of 20#'s. Took 3 weeks longer than I had originally targeted, but that's ok. Next goal is another 10#'s, based on this loss my target date is July 31.

Congratulations!

Working on losing 36 lbs now to get down to 200, down from 244 when I started tackling it again. Once got down to 190 10 years ago. Hope to hit the mark by end of October.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have finally hit some of my points of focus. I gave up on counting calories and checking my weight. I do "something" everyday and it's usually weights and come form of cardio. I also gave up on lifting lighter weights and many reps and now I'm lifting heavy and reduced reps. My muscle mass has increased and it doesn't take as long to recover. I just feel so good now!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Now that I'm done with 5ks until September or October, I'm gonna start running intervals, or just plain old sprints. I still have a little excess flab around my love handle area, so I'm gonna try to knock it out, then start with some more intense weight training in the fall. Just in the week or so I've mixed in a little interval training with my regular runs, I can tell a difference in not only my flab going away, but my breathing during my 5K yesterday was greatly improved, better than I had hoped!

Weird/funny side note to all of this: Back when I first decided I had to do something about my health, I convinced my wife we needed to buy a high quality elliptical machine, because, at the time, I felt like I'd never be able to come home from work on hot days, and then go walk or run in the great outdoors. Well, since I've lost all the weight, I now can handle the heat MUCH better than before, but it's the COLD I can't stand! I don't even look forward to going to some of my favorite restaurants now because I know I'll be sitting there shivering the whole meal. My energy level is way up, I actually look forward to getting home from work so I can hit the trail here by the house and get a few miles in before dinner, and the warmer it is outside, the better. I make sure I'm well hydrated, and don't over do my runs on really hot muggy days, but I still enjoy it!

Back when I was heavier and better insulated, I LOVED cold weather, and getting out and traipsing around in the cold and snow was one of the few things I would do when I was an inactive slob, now, looks like me and the elliptical will be getting re-aquainted when the temps start to drop.:):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom