• dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Great advice
    +1.gif
    Thanks guys I'm no expert but I have been able to help a lot of friends at least get over a hump or get started.
    Here is a good formula to use. Do not go by BMI only
    Harris Benedict Equation.
    Then use the lose weight option. Make sure you are eating
    proper size portions 4-6 times a day and plenty of water.
    This one the one area most people won't change. NO COKE.Dr. Pepper is not Mr.Pibb.
    Anything full of sugar is not water. Lol

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's what I did before - calorie tracker...

The one I like is called 'MyFitnessPal' and you can add friends on there and view their progress etc... It's very neat - I believe I'm 'MikeDVB' if anybody wants to add me - I'll set it back up now.

I have lost 50 lbs. since March using this. I also walked and rode my bike alot when the weather was nicer. XtremeVel bought me a new exercise bike for Christmas and I've been riding my 10 miles a day on that. I gained a couple over the holiday's, but tomorrow I'm back on track.
    My hubby rocks!!!!:rockwoot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Sorry to break it to you - but I don't always use purple.

That said - if you plan on being negative - go be negative somewhere else.

Dagnabit!!! You done broked my heart. I' gonna go eat some red snapper/lime/avocado tacos and cry for about 6 hours.

This is kind of how I'm feeling right now. Although my weight is fine and dandy, the flab that my kids have caused is NOT. No amount of exercising has even put a dent in it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong :dunno: Definitely no bikini for me!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There won't be a bikini for me this summer either. This will be more my style. Not sure how I'll like the strap thingys around my calves though.

NOrrEGF.jpg

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I just dusted off my thigh master! Cleaned off my ab rocker! Found my Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies! Got my neon shorts on ,with my knee high socks and my really cool white sweat band! Soon as I move all these clothes around and find my Tony Little's Gazelle, I'm IN!:rockwoot:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just dusted off my thigh master! Cleaned off my ab rocker! Found my Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies! Got my neon shorts on ,with my knee high socks and my really cool white sweat band! Soon as I move all these clothes around and find my Tony Little's Gazelle, I'm IN!:rockwoot:

:lmfao: Gazelle. I used to laugh so hard at those infomercials. It looks ridiculous.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    :):

QFT!

I'm trying to gain weight but I cant.And im eating all the time. :faint:
    Lifting and GOMAD diet. You want to put on muscle, lift heavy weight and drink a Gallon Of Milk A Day. Whole milk, none of that sissy skim milk. There is not a better muscle builder drink than whole milk.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Lifting and GOMAD diet. You want to put on muscle, lift heavy weight and drink a Gallon Of Milk A Day. Whole milk, none of that sissy skim milk. There is not a better muscle builder drink than whole milk.

I drink milk all the time.Goes well with Oreos.:):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yeah, just lifting my own weight though, no barbell or any fancy machines.
    Sometimes with added weight in a backpack to do pull ups, chin ups, push ups etc.
    You will never get bigger with body weight workouts. Don't get me wrong, those are GREAT movements but you can only get bigger by loading up a barbell and squatting, pressing, dead lifting, cleaning, and snatching.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

Haven't heard this before. Have an case examples to share? With the added vitamin D I can see where there would be a significant difference between 2% and whole even.

Top Bottom