• Total voters

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    So not Obama and not Romney?

I dont think gun laws will change for the worse if Obama is elected again.
    Just like I dont think they will change for the better if Romney is elected.

I dont think Romey said he would fight against all the current gun laws that infringe upon the second amendment.That makes it a anti-gun politician to me.

:dunno:

Since they are both not going to do anything for or against guns I think you should focus on other issues.

:twocents:

I think you are deeply out of touch guy. You think romney is a threat to guns, and obama isnt huh? Clearly you are not aware of liberal policies toward guns, such as implemented in New york, chicago, and california. You must know nothing of Nancy pelosi, harry reid or Obama's chums and their thoughts on gun control.

Last edited:

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Well....whatever you say. You're entitled to your opinion.....:popcorn:

I can and will provide documentation to all of the facts I listed in my previous post. What part in particular do you object to or think is a malformed opinion not based on facts?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Which facts are in question? Everything he wrote can be verified with a few mouse clicks. Anyone who has bothered to vet the candidates is not surprised by this list.

Sorry, I confused posts and thought this was about Romney's 2a record. Frankly I don't give much care about any of the topics you mentioned though, since most members of both parties supported them and still do. So I agree there are commonalities, but I totally disagree that the candidates are at all the same, since I could list ten pages of differences between the two that matter more to me than the things you listed. I won't though, because you could look them up.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Anyone who supports Romney ought to naturally support Obama.

-Mitt supports the Patriot Act, just like Obama who resigned it and Bush who first signed it into law; they're all identical in this regard.

-Mitt also supports the stimulus (sorry for anyone who was trying to save anything in dollars) and has said in interviews that the bailout was the right thing because we would have had an economic collapse if not for stimulus.

-Obama and Romney both agree to bailing out certain special banks and corporations that give (or will give) them healthy campaign contributions and flood them with lobbyists, instead of letting them fail and pay for their own derivatives bubble that they created.

-Obama and Romney both support NDAA. As we all know, Obama is appealing the US Supreme Court decision that the Indefinite Detention Clause is unconstitutional. Romney has openly stated his full approval of NDAA, even among a hail of boos from the crowd during the Republican presidential debate.

-Obama and Romney both support the failed War on Drugs, which has once again proven that prohibition fails and only raises prices, creates a dangerous black market, and allows low-life thugs to become drug lords and lead their own drug armies.

-They both support unsustainable wars. Obama just says he wants to scale down international intervention and then does it anyway; Romney is pretty openly aggressive and ready to burn through our tax dollars with unsustainable military operations that we the people end up always paying for.

-both pro-choice

-both support gay marriage

-both supported PIPA/SOPA

The only real difference I see is that Romney is really pandering more to the Israel lobbyists and beating the war drum for Iran whereas Obama continues playing passively while remaining militarily aggressive nonetheless.

In this day and age of computers and hi-tech info sharing, you would think that anyone with access to a computer (which you obviously have).. would be better informed as to the facts.

Your post about Romney sharing O's 'pro-choice' stance is in no way accurate, and reflects your lack of the facts. Mitt Romney 'evolved' from that position, to stauchly being pro-life way back in 2005.. and has maintained his pro-life views ever since.

Please do not continue to falsely inform others here who care about this issue... with your mis-information. It is the equal to lying about the man.

Election 2012: Obama & Romney on abortion

Incidentally, you have the next issue in your post wrong, as well. Mitt Romney has stated time and again, that he believes "marriage is between one man and one woman".

God Bless America :patriot:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I primarily only care about getting our debt under control, and people back to work, otherwise this country will go bankrupt in four years.

Obama still thinks he can tax the rich (job makers) to pay down the debt, while putting more people to work for the government, or on welfare. Anyone who thinks this will work is an idiot, and that includes Obama. Now, if Obama had cut the deficit by now he might at least have some credibility, but he has had four years and has only brought the Obamacare tax and much higher gas prices.

Democrats will vote Obama because they care for the "little guy", ignoring that the little guy will be hurt most when our whole system goes broke from liberal policies that kill jobs and cause inflation. Obama didn't learn from Jimmy Carter, and he will pay the price at the polls just like we're paying the price at the pumps.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    It's sad, the majority of people on a gun owners forum are voting for an anti-gun candidate (Romney).

tQUOTE: Romney has made more categorical statements in favor of gun rights in recent years. During the presidential campaign he has said he would sign no new gun control laws as president, out of respect for the Second Amendment.
    “I do support the right of individuals to bear arms, whether for hunting purposes or for protection purposes or any other reasons,” he said at the 2008 presidential debate in Boca Raton, Fla. “That’s the right that people have.”

Read more: Obama vs romney: gun control - Business Insider

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Frankly I don't give much care about any of the topics you mentioned though, since most members of both parties supported them and still do.
    Nobody will remember their trivial differences in 10 years. They don't matter.

Both candidates will sacrifice civil liberties for promises of safety.
    Both candidates will keep us at war. (pick a reason)
    Both candidates will continue to grow the police state.
    Both candidates will employ Keynsian economic strategies.
    Both candidates will continue to embrace corporatism.
    Both candidates will preserve the entitlement behemoth. (Rom actually attacked O for cutting Medicare.)
    Both candidates will keep the Federal Reserve comfortably behind the wheel.

These are the issues that will be remembered when people study the demise of the USA. That's why the media tells you to focus on issues like funding PBS, condom subsidies, presidential golf trips, and the gestures Obama makes when he greets people.

Your post about Romney sharing O's 'pro-choice' stance is in no way accurate, and reflects your lack of the facts.
    Romney has changed his position so many times on that issue that its not even worth debating.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNDsyKnQIes[/ame]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I'm not wasting my time deciding on a turd sandwich or a giant douche.

I guess you won't complain when your job is shipped over seas or your sick kid can't see a doctor for 3 weeks. Or worst yet...our military is downsized to the point we can not even police our own shores.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Anyone who supports Romney ought to naturally support Obama.

-Mitt supports the Patriot Act, just like Obama who resigned it and Bush who first signed it into law; they're all identical in this regard.

-Mitt also supports the stimulus (sorry for anyone who was trying to save anything in dollars) and has said in interviews that the bailout was the right thing because we would have had an economic collapse if not for stimulus.

-Obama and Romney both agree to bailing out certain special banks and corporations that give (or will give) them healthy campaign contributions and flood them with lobbyists, instead of letting them fail and pay for their own derivatives bubble that they created.

-Obama and Romney both support NDAA. As we all know, Obama is appealing the US Supreme Court decision that the Indefinite Detention Clause is unconstitutional. Romney has openly stated his full approval of NDAA, even among a hail of boos from the crowd during the Republican presidential debate.

-Obama and Romney both support the failed War on Drugs, which has once again proven that prohibition fails and only raises prices, creates a dangerous black market, and allows low-life thugs to become drug lords and lead their own drug armies.

-They both support unsustainable wars. Obama just says he wants to scale down international intervention and then does it anyway; Romney is pretty openly aggressive and ready to burn through our tax dollars with unsustainable military operations that we the people end up always paying for.

-both pro-choice

-both support gay marriage

-both supported PIPA/SOPA

The only real difference I see is that Romney is really pandering more to the Israel lobbyists and beating the war drum for Iran whereas Obama continues playing passively while remaining militarily aggressive nonetheless.

Where do you get your information from????

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Your post about Romney sharing O's 'pro-choice' stance is in no way accurate, and reflects your lack of the facts.

It appears that Mr. Romney evolves quite a bit. This is a video of him supporting abortion:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_w9pquznG4[/ame]

I'm arguing on his record and what he has done and said in the past. I don't have time to monitor his flips and flops on a daily basis. I'm going by what he has publicly said in the past. Seems to me he's willing to say whatever it takes to get elected and has no real opinion on anything. Your statement that it is "in no way accurate" is not true because it is in some way accurate, since Romney himself has said it in the past.

But let's be realistic. Romney himself doesn't know what he wants. He is just a narcissist that wants votes and he'll say whatever it takes to get them, just like Obama. If you feel comfortable voting on someone who might change his mind next week, go for it. I certainly don't.

Where do you get your information from????

Probably the same places you do. AP and Reuters mainly.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Eyesdownfield, do you think any politician doesn't change their speech or policies based on their constituency? Their job is to represent the voters, and also to get elected. Romney is no more a flip flopper than Obama. Keep with the liberal talking points though, I'm sure someone will care eventually.

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Eyesdownfield, do you think any politician doesn't change their speech or policies based on their constituency? Their job is to represent the voters, and also to get elected. Romney is no more a flip flopper than Obama. Keep with the liberal talking points though, I'm sure someone will care eventually.

You can vote for liars and flip-floppers if you want to. That's your choice. I won't do it. And how is that a liberal talking point? Maybe you missed the fact that Obama and Romney are both funded by the same people.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It appears that Mr. Romney evolves quite a bit. This is a video of him supporting abortion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_w9pquznG4

I'm arguing on his record and what he has done and said in the past. I don't have time to monitor his flips and flops on a daily basis. I'm going by what he has publicly said in the past. Seems to me he's willing to say whatever it takes to get elected and has no real opinion on anything. Your statement that it is "in no way accurate" is not true because it is in some way accurate, since Romney himself has said it in the past.

But let's be realistic. Romney himself doesn't know what he wants. He is just a narcissist that wants votes and he'll say whatever it takes to get them, just like Obama. If you feel comfortable voting on someone who might change his mind next week, go for it. I certainly don't.

Probably the same places you do. AP and Reuters mainly.

He was for abortion before he was against it.

Demo flip flopper bad.
    Repub flip flopper good.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I can and will provide documentation to all of the facts I listed in my previous post. What part in particular do you object to or think is a malformed opinion not based on facts?

No you can't, because they are not all true, and a couple can not be proved.

Not in any particular order
    SOPA

All Four GOP Presidential Candidates Now Oppose SOPA/PIPA

Marraige

Mitt Romney pledges opposition to gay marriage - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

and if elected proposes a

Federal Marriage Amendment to the Constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman.

Romney is Pro Life

Mitt Romney Reasserts His Pro-Life Position on Abortion | LifeNews.com
    Romney did not support stimulus (either one) he did support TARP
    Mitt Romney - The Stimulus
    Mitt Romney: Federal Reserve Should Avoid Stimulus

They both support unsustainable wars. Obama just says he wants to scale down international intervention and then does it anyway; Romney is pretty openly aggressive and ready to burn through our tax dollars with unsustainable military operations that we the people end up always paying for.
    This is simply supposition with no proof either way

On Drugs -This appears to be a big concern of yours- YES Romney is against legalizing recreational drugs, including medical mary jane.

On NDAA- Romney said he would sign NDAA so one would guess he does support it

Obama and Romney both agree to bailing out certain special banks and corporations that give (or will give) them healthy campaign contributions and flood them with lobbyists, instead of letting them fail and pay for their own derivatives bubble that they created.

He did support TARP and he is a politician

Your batting average on facts are really not very good. But your dislike and mis information is obvious.

Top Bottom