INGO Democrats you still want to vote for Hillary?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have no issue with anyone giving anything they want to any candidate as long as it's all public record.

...The stranglehold the dems have on their endorsements is largely due to one thing. They'll talk to, and promise to support unions. When was the last time you heard of a Republican doing that? Simple cause and effect.

Why should they? What political issue that union leadership supports is something Republicans should get behind?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    A question I'd like to pose to INGO members in a union... Would you still vote for the republican candidate if they said unions are bad? To me if you vote for someone who is against unions, wouldn't you be voting against your self-interest? I personally don't understand all of the hate for unions in a generalized fashion. Some are good and some are bad, I don't see why a few bad apples have to make the whole batch bad.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A question I'd like to pose to INGO members in a union... Would you still vote for the republican candidate if they said unions are bad? To me if you vote for someone who is against unions, wouldn't you be voting against your self-interest? I personally don't understand all of the hate for unions in a generalized fashion. Some are good and some are bad, I don't see why a few bad apples have to make the whole batch bad.

I'm not against workers forming an association to gain better bargaining power. But today's unions have gone far beyond that. As far as whether a union worker would vote for Republican candidates who speak against unions, there are a lot more things that go against self interest than a union member voting for an anti-union candidate. You're essentially asking why union members aren't one-issue voters. I worked with a union guy several years ago who said he'd vote for a German Shepard before voting Democrat, if that were the only Republican in the race. He was avidly pro-union, even though he resented that so much of his union dues went to Democratic candidates. It's just that he was avidly more Republican.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I'm not against workers forming an association to gain better bargaining power. But today's unions have gone far beyond that. As far as whether a union worker would vote for Republican candidates who speak against unions, there are a lot more things that go against self interest than a union member voting for an anti-union candidate. You're essentially asking why union members aren't one-issue voters. I worked with a union guy several years ago who said he'd vote for a German Shepard before voting Democrat, if that were the only Republican in the race. He was avidly pro-union, even though he resented that so much of his union dues went to Democratic candidates. It's just that he was avidly more Republican.

I understand what you're saying. My thought process is if I'm in a union and considering on voting for someone who is against unions, then a vote for that person means that I am okay with the possibility of my income/benefits being hurt should they get into office. I'd have to think hard about that kind of decision.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I understand what you're saying. My thought process is if I'm in a union and considering on voting for someone who is against unions, then a vote for that person means that I am okay with the possibility of my income/benefits being hurt should they get into office. I'd have to think hard about that kind of decision.

Sure. It goes to weighing the consequences for your choice against your priorities. Sometimes principle is more important to people than wealth.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I worked with a union guy several years ago who said he'd vote for a German Shepard before voting Democrat, if that were the only Republican in the race. He was avidly pro-union, even though he resented that so much of his union dues went to Democratic candidates. It's just that he was avidly more Republican.

He also might have been lying. We can't truly know what he did in the voting booth, even though he is an obvious union member/supporter.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    For all of you folks in a Union - especially those like this - I respect your approach to things. I do have one question:

a) I totally get that you will not vote Democrat - and I appreciate that.
    b) which way will your money vote?

This is my take on it, and in no way do I represent the other union members here.

To answer your question would be the same as you. Theway I see it is that it’s no different than you spending your money at Walmart,Target, BestBuy, Shell, your grocery store, the list goes on and on. Just about every place you spend your money at for every day products contribute to a political party at one time or another that you may not approve of. A union is no different.

Why I stay a union member, I still do a very similar job in the same industry as I did when I was non-union. I went from making in the low $20’s to making in the high $30 per hour, MY 401K went from a match of .35 per $1.00 at a max of 5% to $1.00 per $1.00 at a max of 7%, I have a pension now, our heath care is better and cost less than my non-union heath care, I have lay-off protection… I still get a pay check even when I’m laid off, ( I’ve only been laid-off for 6 week in 5 years), I get a much better per-diem rate, I get a 40% pay increase when I travel outside the U.S., I got a $10,000 singing bonus from our last contract,….. there’s more but I’ll stop here.

The bottom line is that we all spend our money at places that may, or may not support the political party of your choose so I don’t see why a union is held to a higher standard as to where he or she wants to spend their money.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I doubt we are going to get an honest answer from a democrat on here who is actually voting for Clinton. No liberal i've ever talked to can give a straight answer on her or obama, they just trash republicans with blanket statements they heard on CNN. I'm not holding my breath

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Vote for Hillary? Yeah, I might. It depends upon the choices. Besides, I am not a one issue voter. And, I am still waiting on a GOP candidate that doesn't say stupid :poop:.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've been a reluctant member of at least 3 different national unions.
    I found all 3 to be (locally at least) corrupt and completely devoid of concern for the workers under their "care".

I work for myself these days and I couldn't be happier.

I lived on the "Left Coast" for a time in my childhood. I went to schools up and down the California coast in the early '70's.
    I went to boot camp at San Diego.
    Even with all this exposure, I've never considered voting liberal.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Vote for Hillary? Yeah, I might. It depends upon the choices. Besides, I am not a one issue voter. And, I am still waiting on a GOP candidate that doesn't say stupid :poop:.

With all due respect, I haven't seen a Democrat that doesn't fit that same criteria... Hillary? Biden? Obama? REALLY???

If not saying stupid :poop: is the bar, you will be waiting a long time for a candidate. And I thought the Libertarian "purity" testers were selective....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And in your estimation....as a gun owner....Billery would be a good choice over anyone else........as a gun owner.
    Wow

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Yeah, it's much better to do stupid crap like have classified information on private emails and servers.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    In regards to "one issue voter", I have found that if a pol disagrees with me on 2A, chances are they disagree with me on most everything else. I view a pols position on 2A as a litmus test. I've rarely been wrong on this.

Captain Bligh, Hillary is clearly on record that she will disarm you given the chance. I'm sure you are aware of that and respectfully would like to know how you can square that with honoring her with your vote.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You must see--everyone except the deluded sees--that Hilary used her own private server to keep her actions hidden from the people. Intellectually honest people, even the ones who agree with her ideology, should consider that a disqualification for POTUS. "Oops" doesn't absolve her.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You must see--everyone except the deluded sees--that Hilary used her own private server to keep her actions hidden from the people. Intellectually honest people, even the ones who agree with her ideology, should consider that a disqualification for POTUS. "Oops" doesn't absolve her.

And to others' point, Obama has shown Hilary how to abuse the power of executive orders. Just keep pushing the boundaries and the boundaries will shift. She says she will sign an executive order that enacts UBC. The POTUS clearly doesn't have the authority to do that. Obama hasn't even tried that. Yet.

Top Bottom