INGO Democrats you still want to vote for Hillary?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Subject came up today at work, since the justice dept is in the executive branch, what's to stop the president from simply reassigning the NICS people to other jobs. Nobody answers the phone.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Subject came up today at work, since the justice dept is in the executive branch, what's to stop the president from simply reassigning the NICS people to other jobs. Nobody answers the phone.

Currently if nobody answers the phone, would that be considered a non-response and you get your candy after three days? It's interesting that is one of the things Hillary wants to "fix." She's calling the 3-day non-response provision the "Charleston Loophole." (I guess if the government doesn't do their damn job...that's a "loophole"). She apparently wants to extend the period of time the gubmint can keep you on hold, essentially heading back toward the original 1980s Brady Bill proposal of a two-week "cooling off period." So, you're probably onto something here.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I thought opposition to the keystone pipeline was going to be a deal breaker for unions too, but HRC and BS both came out against it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Currently if nobody answers the phone, would that be considered a non-response and you get your candy after three days? It's interesting that is one of the things Hillary wants to "fix." She's calling the 3-day non-response provision the "Charleston Loophole." (I guess if the government doesn't do their damn job...that's a "loophole"). She apparently wants to extend the period of time the gubmint can keep you on hold, essentially heading back toward the original 1980s Brady Bill proposal of a two-week "cooling off period." So, you're probably onto something here.

Yup. That was put in there precisely for that reason. It's not a loophole.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't know about INGO Democrats, but I imagine that as long as she supports unions and claims she's for "working people", plenty of people who have bought into the class warfare narrative who nonetheless think they support freedom will come out for her. The "freedom for me" crowd doesn't worry much about intellectual consistency.

There is so much truth to this

Just like the uniformed voters there are union members who will vote the way the local goes. I know most of our local is planning on supporting Sanders. I said you know he wants everyone to make 20/hr which would drop us back 10 bucks, no response. Told them you really think he will want us having RR which is solvent for a long time while those on SS are running out, no response. I asked why they would be supporting someone who is clearly anti union, they said because he's for unions (smh).

There is so much truth to this also. The bad part is how sad it is... Half of my family is Union, not all are this way but one or two are. It blows the rest of our minds!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i didn't say that a union member or someone who supports unions will necessarily support her. I said that her support for unions and claim to be for "the working man" (what I do sure feels like work) will result in many people who believe themselves lovers of freedom supporting her because gun rights don't mean as much to them as protecting themselves from competition and protecting their fiefdoms.

If you are a union member or supporter and you actually believe in freedom (guns, private property, etc.) and do not support Hillary, then I wasn't referring to you.

I work for me. There is not a union out there that is anything other than a hindrance to me. :)

Who do the big unions always back? Dem's or R's?
    How much difference does the union membership voting for R's make if the union uses it's influence to back the Dem?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I was at Rural King perusing the gun counter this weekend and the NICS system had crashed and the lady working the counter had been on hold for half an hour. Some supervisor came by and yelled at her, "Just don't sell any if you can't get that work!" Thought that to be an interesting attitude from an employee of the store.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was at Rural King perusing the gun counter this weekend and the NICS system had crashed and the lady working the counter had been on hold for half an hour. Some supervisor came by and yelled at her, "Just don't sell any if you can't get that work!" Thought that to be an interesting attitude from an employee of the store.

Let this and the rest of the created NICS system issues be a learning experience. Those on the fence, thinking that eliminating the "gun show loophole" is an OK thing should make a note of this. Change this law and private sales would be illegal also.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Never have wanted to, and never will vote for Hillary. This just adds on to the pile of reasons why I don't like her and her followers.
    :rolleyes:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-gun-plan-feasible-214200533.html

Private sales that do not cross State lines would require background checks.
    So far, the Feds have gotten by, by regulating sales between States. Sales within the States are the purview of the State.
    So she wants to throw out that, and not even make an excuse for the expansion of power.

Throw out the "Charlestown loophole". When they allow a sale if there is no word after 3 days.
    So then NICS can be undermanned, effectively limiting the legal sale of guns.

Allow gun manufacturers to be sued for the lawful sale of their object.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I am a trade union member. I just entered the union in april. I still have no plan to vote Democrat just because I am in a union.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I am a trade union member. I just entered the union in april. I still have no plan to vote Democrat just because I am in a union.

For all of you folks in a Union - especially those like this - I respect your approach to things. I do have one question:

a) I totally get that you will not vote Democrat - and I appreciate that.
    b) which way will your money vote?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I think many of us overestimate actual union contributions to political campaigns. With a few notable exceptions, most unions just don't give huge amounts one way or the other. The stranglehold the dems have on their endorsements is largely due to one thing. They'll talk to, and promise to support unions. When was the last time you heard of a Republican doing that? Simple cause and effect.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    She has also said that she will bypass Congress in order to do these things (executive order) according to what I just saw on WTHR's noon news.

President Obama has shown the way, when there is a weak congress in place the President can run roughshod over the constitution and congress will do nothing to stop him. The next president will certainly take advantage of that.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I think many of us overestimate actual union contributions to political campaigns. With a few notable exceptions, most unions just don't give huge amounts one way or the other. The stranglehold the dems have on their endorsements is largely due to one thing. They'll talk to, and promise to support unions. When was the last time you heard of a Republican doing that? Simple cause and effect.

Unions gave MILLIONS.

You might want to take a look at this.

Top Bottom