Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sounds good, I'll be sure to have plenty of rope. :yesway:

I thought about cutting cardboard and then trying to slice paper to show edge retention. :dunno:

That's a good idea too. Make the paper unsupported too! Hold on the corner on one side, the cut downward near the opposite corner.

I may have to dig out one of my old Cold Steel TwistMasters in the original version of Carbon V for this.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I may bring one of my Twisters too then. :p

I have a fair number of old Carbon V CS Knives. I loved them. I hate this San Mai III stuff though. In fact I am not too fond of the way Cold Steel took things n general but that's for a different thread. :)

I am starting to really look forward to this thing. I have already dug out more than a few of my fav's and done some practice chopping to try and build up my pain tolerance and see how far I can push my back. I am going to take Que down! In fact I am taking all of you down! NO ONE CAN BEAT ME! I AM MR CHOPPER AND I AM CHOPPING MY WAY TO YOUR TOWN SOON!

Well, got that out of my system. Nw back to reality. :cool:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I now see and have to rethink some of my choices. I can't see a Tomahawk slicing insulation very well despite how sharp I can get one. It's just not that sort of tool. In fact I am going to take but not use my Khuks as well, they are nice and all but they would also have trouble with the slicing since they are beefy Himalayan Imports Khuks. Seeing as this is more than just chopping, I am thinking one of my nicer, short Machetes is what I will use for this one. I have some sweet ones too from all over the place in my travels. I think those are what I will also bring for folks to check out more than anything else as I feel they are the most under rated blades there are in the knife world. Maybe I can show people that I can make perfectly good use of a $20 machete to beat more than a few multi-hundred dollar knives. Of course, I may well make people se that they are as worthless as the originally thought the were too. :D

I have the perfect small knife for that competition too, as long as small fixed blades can be used. I will still bring the Twisters too of course....

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'm gonna need more band-aids if I am going to keep on practicing, that's for sure. I am running out of places to cut myself. :):

I think I am going to buy some fresh 2x4's too. The ancient, petrified ones I had in my garage are starting to kill me trying to chop through them.
    They are like hitting a rock. If this keeps up I may just spectate as I won't have any way to hold the handle of my blade. All my cuts will open and make it too slimy to hold on to... :D

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Ok, how about these? - Condor Pack Golok and Lochnessmuk

I know they aren't high end by any means, but I read very good reviews about them, especially considering their price.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    They look pretty good, but I think you're gonna wish you waited to play with all the steel that'll be out there first

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom