• Status
    Not open for further replies.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I'm already planning on attending, but I have a quick question. Will anybody be looking to sell any AR-15s at the event?

I'm thinking of getting a larger caliber rifle (as compared to my 10/22), and miiiiggghhtt be able to swing enough for an AR-15 by that time if anybody thinks can give me a kind deal. Otherwise, I think I'll be looking for something cheaper, probably along the lines of an SKS.

Caleb

Dealers won't be able to sell and transfer at the event because it is not considered a "gun show" so the gun show exemption won't apply.

However, you could buy face to face from an individual or you can take orders from dealers and pick it up at their place of business or have it mailed to your local FFL.

Sounds like you may be able to buy lots of parts though. That's the beauty of an AR. You can build it a little at a time!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    ***********UPDATE************

Tonight I had a meeting with VUPDblue and shooter521 at MCFG to finalize planning for the Open House. Nick and the guys at MCFG have done an excellent job revitalizing the clubhouse, and it is ready to rock-n-roll! Here are a couple of the topics we discussed:

• AR Sign ups: please visit this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...open_house_1-31-10_-_gun_list.html#post762326 and tell us what AR(s) you'd like to bring. We are going to try our best to eliminate any major redundancies in hardware.
    • Safety protocol: NO INSERTED MAGAZINES - in keeping safety our top priority, we are going to ask that in addition to the "no ammo in the clubhouse" rule, that folks keep any and all magazines out of the rifles while we're handling them. People are also encouraged to take their own safety personally, and check every chamber to verify clear when they pick up a new weapon.
    • Clubhouse layout: The clubhouse is essentially one large room, and during the Open House, the walls will be lined with tables. On these tables we will have rifles laid out with their barrels pointing at the walls. There is plenty of space in the middle of the room to accommodate mingling. People who are bringing gun(s) to show will be given a nametag to wear, and an index card to place with your gun(s)-- this is where you will be able to list what type of gun it is, along with any other pertinent information.
    If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them right here in this thread. We look forward to seeing everyone on the 31st!! :ingo:

woodchuck4950

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Danville, IN
    Another self-professed noob planning to attend as an EBR is high on my wish list and frankly I'm clueless. :rolleyes: Thank you all in advance for putting this together. Looking forward to attending my first INGO event. :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is an excellent idea.
    Great choice on location as well. Please count me in. I will not be bringing a Black Rifle as I own none. But I am looking forward to seeing what can be built.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is an excellent idea.
    Great choice on location as well. Please count me in. I will not be bringing a Black Rifle as I own none. But I am looking forward to seeing what can be built.

:+1:

I do not own a rifle of any kind at the moment, but this event will give me plenty of ideas :rockwoot:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm gonna post here just to bump this. Keep in mind that this is an "open house" type event. Come and go at your leisure between 2 and 6. It may get REAL busy at times so be prepared for that. Also, the actual range will still be open to shooters (members) during this event, so attendees will need to stay clear of the firing line and obey any and all pertinent rules at MCFG. Safety is my number one priority. www.indyrange.com

shftn6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    NW Monroe Co.
    Looking forward to attending! My AR15 is a heavy barrel target model - not interested in carrying that thing all day, so I'll probably just be looking at everyone else's toys.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    For those who are interested in bringing guns, you WILL NOT be carrying them around the entire time. Heck, you won't be carrying them at all. The plan is to have all guns laid-out buffet style. We are organized to a tee, as usual, so feel free to bring what you like, as long as it is a complete rifle. There won't be space for accessories/uppers/lowers that aren't assembled as a complete rifle.

ETA: we'll have plenty of table space, so if you want to bring your gun, go ahead, just please post it here for everyone to have something to look forward to.:ingo:

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    For those who are interested in bringing guns, you WILL NOT be carrying them around the entire time. Heck, you won't be carrying them at all. The plan is to have all guns laid-out buffet style. We are organized to a tee, as usual, so feel free to bring what you like, as long as it is a complete rifle. There won't be space for accessories/uppers/lowers that aren't assembled as a complete rifle.

ETA: we'll have plenty of table space, so if you want to bring your gun, go ahead, just please post it here for everyone to have something to look forward to.:ingo:

Sounds like a fun event, I think I might be coming.

Couple of questions:

I assume someone will be by the table watching the guns? What about fingering the guns, I don't mind someone playing with it as long as I'm around to watch etc....

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Couple of questions:

I assume someone will be by the table watching the guns? What about fingering the guns, I don't mind someone playing with it as long as I'm around to watch etc....

There will be some general oversight of the clubhouse, but it will be up to the individual owners to decide how much oversight they have of their own rifles.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Also, the clubhouse isn't all that big. I don't know the exact measurements, but keeping an eye on your gun shouldn't be that big of an issue.

DecaturGB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    I am a real noob when it comes to this platform. So I will tentatively put this on my calendar. Anyone bringing an SR-22? I am interested in seeing one of these.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    This is the most horriblest idea for an event ever!! I'll be there, drool in hand! My question: Are you sure the clubhouse is big enough for this?

PS, I just bashed myself in the teeth with a spoon. :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom