• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    For the 1911 lovers, I'll be bringing my brand new Ruger 22/45. It has the ergos of the 1911, and it's really fun, just sucks to take apart. I don't know what it shoots well yet, hope to find out before the meet and shoot

Mine shoots everything. Only hiccups are with bulk ammo with light powder loads. Federal is better than remington. It won't cycle well if you get a "soft" shot. But never any feeding problems. Naturally CCI minimags and stingers are your best. but I sure don't mind the occasional hand cycle for a dud round. It's not like I'm using it for self defense.

eta...MidwayUSA has Ruger factory 25 round 10/22 mags on sale for cheaper than the BC steel lips. I ordered 2 last night.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    My sister is come out there with me it will be her first time. That would be great to start her out with that and then to the 9mm.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I am working on that. She will be ready to go by then. Sent her some utub videos to watch of the dois and donts. We will go over it before we start.

Well I would be honored if she took her first shots on my new pistol. It's a blast, a very cheap blast. I have not decided if I am going to put a red dot on it or not, but if I do, it can be taken off or left on for her. It's fun either way.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks for the offers, fellas. Davegrave - I will use you as a last resort, but right now you're looking like my first resort. I love Father Ted and Fawlty Towers (DONT MENTION THE WAR) so no problems there ;)

The wife is probably working that day so I should be a free agent.

I can probably head over to Wally World and pick up some ammo if necessary - or gas, whichever is cheaper - well I can't bring gas back in a plastic bag but you know what I mean ;)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Lonehoosier, I'll probably have a Bull bbl Ruger MKII, a Single-six, and maybe the Charger in the bag with me if she wants to shoot any of that, all 22LR's and the Single-six shoots 22 WMR also...

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Lonehoosier, I'll probably have a Bull bbl Ruger MKII, a Single-six, and maybe the Charger in the bag with me if she wants to shoot any of that, all 22LR's and the Single-six shoots 22 WMR also...

Jesus man. How many guns do you have? What do you do for a living and can you get me in? :D
    Don't bring the charger. I've been fighting the urge for a year and if I shoot yours I'm gonna buy one. :rofl:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ah, sharing the addiction.... it just warms my heart.... Got to have the props to make the Gunbunnies top of the line Girl's N Guns artwork or just don't do it...

Really, I only have a sparse amount of gun's, no really officer... Actually true fact as I have seen some collections that take up an entire vaulted room... and I'm no where close...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Thanks that would be great. I never new that she wanted to leaned to shoot. I can't what to take her. It would be great to have another person to go plinking with.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Unfortunately I must withdraw my SKS from the festivities, it doesn't look like the Gas Tube is going to be here in time for the competition. But I bet my 22/45 will give just as much fun.

jrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    hammond
    I have a glock 19 and a glock 26 both are gen 3. You are welcome to shoot them I will have some ammo but if you want to put a hundred round throw them buy some 9mm ammo and have at it. I get ammo from walmart it's about $13.00 for 50 rounds.

Thats awesome I have 50 rounds of 9mm, 25ish of .38 and 357. But I think this will be my last meet and shoot if I come. Just found out my building is closing down at work. :dunno:

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    does anyone have a Ruger LCP or LC9?
    I can bring plenty of ammo
    been thinking about one of these for carry and would like to shoot before I buy

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Melensdad
    Yes,please bring them. I suspected they were going to be snappy.
    i can bring:
    Blackhawk convertable 9/357
    Colt Combat Elite 45
    RIA 9 Tactical
    Assorted 22lrs
    Marlin 1894 44mag
    All with some ammo

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom