jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    GUN REQUEST

I have a female new shooter (co-worker) that is interested in shooting/buying a shotgun. Do we have any members that have any of the following they can bring.

12 ga non-pump shotgun
    20 ga pump shotgun
    20 ga non-pump shotgun

I have a 12ga pump that I will bring so she can try out but suspect that it might be too much for her.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    GUN REQUEST

I have a female new shooter (co-worker) that is interested in shooting/buying a shotgun. Do we have any members that have any of the following they can bring.

12 ga non-pump shotgun
    20 ga pump shotgun
    20 ga non-pump shotgun

I have a 12ga pump that I will bring so she can try out but suspect that it might be too much for her.
    I got the 20 ga. single shot covered, I'll just have to remember to pack it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    If it's a new shooter and she's just starting out, I would suggest you bring reduced recoil loads for the first few shots. I would shy away from any 3" magnum shells for anyone's (male or female) first few shots. Remember, you want her to like shooting. The ideal thing to do would be to take her over to the clay field and have her shoot some clays with reduced recoil loads and see how she likes those.

Also remember that the purpose of anyone's first shot with a firearm is to familiarize and introduce the basics of firearm shooting in general as well as the specifics of firearm operation. Assessing a specific weapon platform should be secondary for the brand new shooter. I understand there might be an immediate need to purchase a shotgun but that doesn't mean you can't get her on a .22 rifle to cover the basics before you put a shotty in her hand.

BTW, when you say "non-pump" ... do you mean single shot or semi-auto?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If it's a new shooter and she's just starting out, I would suggest you bring reduced recoil loads for the first few shots. I would shy away from any 3" magnum shells for anyone's (male or female) first few shots. Remember, you want her to like shooting. The ideal thing to do would be to take her over to the clay field and have her shoot some clays with reduced recoil loads and see how she likes those.

Also remember that the purpose of anyone's first shot with a firearm is to familiarize and introduce the basics of firearm shooting in general as well as the specifics of firearm operation. Assessing a specific weapon platform should be secondary for the brand new shooter. I understand there might be an immediate need to purchase a shotgun but that doesn't mean you can't get her on a .22 rifle to cover the basics before you put a shotty in her hand.

BTW, when you say "non-pump" ... do you mean single shot or semi-auto?

It all may be a MUTE point for her anyways based on this:
    IL Resident: How to buy a shotgun in City of Chicago - INGunOwners

She wants to purchase a firearm BTW. Since last year I have told her about our shoots but she never seemed interested so I stopped asking her. Today out of the blue she said she wanted to buy a shotgun and when was the next shoot. :dunno:

In any case it might be that she might only be able to purchase a .22 10/22 at the end of the day. Not sure yet but that is a topic for that other thread. (ie. she lives in the City of Chicago)

By non-pump I meant semi-auto.

I've got the 20 pump

Thanks will add to the list.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I could bring the saiga 12 if you want, but she isn't getting one of them up there in Chicago... and at this point I'm seeing 650.00 as the cheapest price on them... but it certainly is a blast... If your bringing some 12 G to shoot in a non semi auto you might try some Winchester AA 28Gram loads, their real light, almost no recoil...

Of course after someone explains the difference of living in the Kings dungeon across the thin red line and living over here in the Land of the free she might have to find a house over here and regain her ability to act like a Free American over here rather than the slave that she apparently is now.... Well just saying....

Ok so maybe it shouldn't be purple...

Let me know if you want the Saiga to show it's face at the shoot....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    No problem, DaveGrave the Awesome saiga will be there.... It eats ammo, or atleast the last time I had her out she did... just before I broke my foot I did a couple parts changes... so maiden voyage again... I'll bring a couple of mags for you to fill up and help de-foilage the range with....

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I am in.

I'll be bringing

Pistols:
    X-5 9mm and .22 top end with suppressor
    I will have ammo

Rifle:
    SCAR H
    I will have ammo but this stuff is expensive!

Shotgun:
    FN SLP (here is your semi auto Jedi)
    Will have some ammo

Anyone want to carpool from the Kouts, Hebron, Demotte, Wheatfield area?

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI... We will be trying something new this time around.

NWI Rifle Competition
    Time: 1PM CST
    Rules: Bring any caliber rifle with any attachments on rifle (sling, scope, etc.) with 8 rounds.
    Target: <<CLASSIFIED>> ;)

Rules
    1) Shooter can shot from any position (standing, kneeling, sitting, or prone) from the 25 yard line
    2) Shooter will shot 2 rounds into each target (4 targets total)
    3) Shooter has 90 seconds to complete the course

Prizes (Highest score determines winner)
    1st -
    cabellas-us_2327435g.gif
    (Cabela's Gift Card)
    2nd - Picture of ... :whistle:

-----
    Special thanks to
    geronimojoe85 who will help me run this event
    gunbunnies & jediagh for prizes

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I don't think anyone has stated what the targets would be for this....

and I believe this is all being done in fun to just add something different to a already successful shoot, that is all about getting out and shooting with other members and talking and sharing amoung themselves... and pretty good food to boot...

but if you want to get competitive, a 22 LR in what ever flavor at 25 yards with a set of targets that are mean't for the conditions can be very hard to compete with other shooters just as well as taking a shooter out to 500 yards with thier glassed, bolt action tack drivers... it really is all in the timing and the targets used...

Just saying...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    sssssssshhhhhh GB don't give away the secret on what targets I plan on using.
    But GB is correct this is a test run for some "semi structured" fun at the MEET & SHOOTs since it was asked by the members.
    If ya like it I already have some ideas for the OCT both in terms of targets, firearms (pistol and rifle) and prizes.

Note at the end of the day WD said it best these events are a tailgate with a buffet of food and firearms to sample.

--HARDWARE REQUEST--
    Does anyone by chance own any of the following:

Para USA 1911 Model P14-45 (14+1 .45 ACP capacity)
    Para USA Warthog .45 ACP
    H&K 45 (.45 ACP)
    H&K in 9mm

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom