Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    OK for the record I'll be bringing AT LEAST the following:

HANDGUNS:
    • 1 Kel Tec 380
    • 1 Ruger LCP 380
    • 3 1911 compact Detonics CombatMaster pistols: 1 in 9mm, 1 in 38 Super and 1 in 45acp

RIFLE:
    • 1 AR15 in 6.5 Grendel
    • 1 AR15 Olympic Arms 9mm Carbine (uses STEN magazines with really really strong springs)

OTHER:
    • 1 Millett DMS Rifle Scope + QA Mount to be tested by Magic Man on his rifle, per special request.

Does anyone want to try a 9mm AR15? I have not shot mine in quite a while, I could bring one, but be forewarned, its BRIGHT BLUE in color. Or maybe a Cavalry Arms AR15? I have a bunch of those in different colors.

I will have SOME ammo for all the above but if you plan to do extensive shooting then please chip in with some of your own.

I'll also bring a BBQ grill and some weenies of some sort.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, I wouldn't mind shooting the 9mm AR... Will my 9mm lead reloads be OK through it... These are my loads not the other ones I mentioned before... Mine all go off at the right pressure level. I am a precise reloader and I have only had a couple rounds in close to 20 years of reloading that have had high primers in them... no other problems... Let me know....

and someone asked for some french women... hhhmmmm.... lets see what we got ???

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lead should work, can't say I've tried it, but I don't have any objections.

The only thing I don't permit is steel cased ammo in a target grade rifle. In a service grade gun I am not an ammo priss. If the gun was made as a service grade gun then it should easily stand up to just about anything that you shove down its throat.

BTW, bring a strong thumb. This gun uses STEN sub-machine gun magazines and those are a real pain in the thumb to load up. Its pretty easy to get 10 rounds in a 30 round magazine, gets tough about 15 rounds. Really hard after that.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well cool then, I'll throw a couple more boxes of 9mm in the bag then... You know your welcome to shoot any of the stuff I'm bringing... I should have the Beretta Storm 9mm carbine with which I enjoy cutting loose... A couple 22's, 9mm's, 38/357's, an AR pistol, the Saiga and that ambi 1911A1 in 45acp will be along for the ride...

Just let me know what peeks your interest...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I just google detonics. That is one good looking pistol. Is it about the same size as a baby glock just thiner.
    Yes, thinner than the Glock 26. Grip frame is a bit longer, but the pinky extension on the Glock makes the Glock grip longer with the extension included. Slide a bit shorter in length.

d2ecc29a.jpg

Someone please remind me to try the AR15 in 9mm.
    But its not pink!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Hey fellas. The wife has the day off, so I should be able to convince her to drive me...

She is a little reluctant though - she said she'll be out of her element. Can I convince her that there are other wives/girlfriends there?

Do I need to bring ear protection?

Dave

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Hey fellas. The wife has the day off, so I should be able to convince her to drive me...

She is a little reluctant though - she said she'll be out of her element. Can I convince her that there are other wives/girlfriends there?

Do I need to bring ear protection?

Dave

My girlfriend will be there, I'm sure she will be more than capable of rattling on about Coach bags and the like. She's a newer shooter so she gets bored faster than I do and ends up socializing more.

Yes, bring ear pro (nothing more distracting at the range than two hens clucking away about the latest sale at Macy's) and eye pro too.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    She loves her Coach bags, and no doubt she'll be able to ***** about how I lost her $160 coach sunglasses :p She can shoot though :)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    NapalmFTW, my wife will be there... She comes out to all of the shoots with me and doesn't shoot anything while were there... Tell your wife that she won't be out of her element in any since of the word... Do bring some eye and ear protection for her also even if she doesn't plan on shooting anything... it is a firing range.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    My sister is come to. She is going to meet me out there. She is a new shooter. We are try to find a sitter for the kids so the wife can come for her first time. :)

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Just an FYI, if anyone wants to show up late, I know a good reason (kinda). The Deja Vu and Dreamgirls car wash will be starting at noon Central time. Rt. 51 just south of Central Ave.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom