• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    the date for this will probably be anounced in the next week or so. i figured id give it a bump to keep folks watching for it.

im thinking 5 shots on target @ 725ish for the long range rifle (bobcat torso target)

5 shots on target with a rifire @ 200 ( 6 inch bobcat square)

hit all targets at 15ish with pistol (targets from 10 inch squares to 1inch- 6 inch windchimes)

all timed. also each shooter gets 10 spotters with what ever gun they chose to get wind. obviously guns will need to be sighted in before ariving.

also if you dont have a gun for any of the events ill loan you mine for the price of ammo.

this will take place late march or early april. id love to do it a little later to ensure good weather but my 725 yd range becomes a 300yd range after planting season. the earliest wi will plant is the around the 10th of april.

sugestions are welcome as always ill probably limit it to 20ish shooters

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I'd like to say "thank you" for being willing to open up your property like this. I would like to attend if I'm off work. I have a long range rifle, but have never shot it further than 350 yards yet. It would be a blast to try it at 700+:yesway:

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Sounds like fun.

Initial thoughts:
    Sounds like an all day match for approximately 20 shots......just sayin'.
    If you have enough room for 2 relays on the firing line, a 30 minute time period and unlimited sighters would only cost you an hour. This would require multiple targets at long range.
    Suppressed firearms will be difficult to time accurately.
    Spotting scopes will be in demand.

edit: Regarding timing...inexpensive kitchen type timer(s) could be placed behind the firing line, the competitor starts it at the start signal and then comes back and stops it at the completion of his string/event.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sounds like fun.

Initial thoughts:
    Sounds like an all day match for approximately 20 shots......just sayin'.
    If you have enough room for 2 relays on the firing line, a 30 minute time period and unlimited sighters would only cost you an hour. This would require multiple targets at long range.
    Suppressed firearms will be difficult to time accurately.
    Spotting scopes will be in demand.

edit: Regarding timing...inexpensive kitchen type timer(s) could be placed behind the firing line, the competitor starts it at the start signal and then comes back and stops it at the completion of his string/event.

ya my goal with this one is more rounds down range. i think we could set up 2 relays.

kitchen timer may work pretty well. ill have a couple spottting scopes there but more will defintally be better. keep ideas comming

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'd like to say "thank you" for being willing to open up your property like this. I would like to attend if I'm off work. I have a long range rifle, but have never shot it further than 350 yards yet. It would be a blast to try it at 700+:yesway:

it should not be difficult to walk you in to the target if you know where you are @ 350. esspicially since the target is 2+moa wide and 3+ moa tall.

mabye the limit on sighters is a bad idea. ill have to re consider that. i just want everyone to come sighted in at some range.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    ya my goal with this one is more rounds down range. i think we could set up 2 relays.

kitchen timer may work pretty well. ill have a couple spottting scopes there but more will defintally be better. keep ideas comming
    If you have enough targets, two shooters could shoot at the same time. One on the left, one on the right. This would require approximately the same amount of time as one shooter. Theoretically, this would allow all shooters to shoot the same event twice. One and two would go to the back of the line and then be inverted on the firing line when their turn comes up again.

The more rounds downrange, the more likely people are to drive a couple of hours to do it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If you have enough targets, two shooters could shoot at the same time. One on the left, one on the right. This would require approximately the same amount of time as one shooter. Theoretically, this would allow all shooters to shoot the same event twice. One and two would go to the back of the line and then be inverted on the firing line when their turn comes up again.

The more rounds downrange, the more likely people are to drive a couple of hours to do it.

of cource after the shoot i am planning a free for all shoot whatever @ whatever range like last year.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    this time of year i run my scope at 22x (full power) in the summer somtimes you cant do that due to mirrage.

to be honest the target we will be shooting is about the size of a person so you can do it with a acog if need be (4x).

Top Bottom