• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Yeah, I'd come, I just don't have a long range rifle to shoot with.

Monkey you leasing/lending out the Garand you picked up at the NRA dinner for this shoot? (Assuming I am able to get in on the list) I just saw a show on Sportsmans channel this morning highlighting the positives and negatives of the M1 Garand.

I've never shot a 30-06 before but if it shoots straight, I can usually get rounds on target within a few shots with whatever I've picked up.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yeah, I'd come, I just don't have a long range rifle to shoot with.

Monkey you leasing/lending out the Garand you picked up at the NRA dinner for this shoot? (Assuming I am able to get in on the list) I just saw a show on Sportsmans channel this morning highlighting the positives and negatives of the M1 Garand.

I've never shot a 30-06 before but if it shoots straight, I can usually get rounds on target within a few shots with whatever I've picked up.

ive got a spoting scope and a ewing stand so we should be able to walk folks to the target but there will be a limited number of sighters pre shoot just like nra highpower.

whenit gets time for signup i have a pistol and rimfire folks can use. im not sure about a long range since im not sure how i feel about folks shooting my reloads.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    ive got a spoting scope and a ewing stand so we should be able to walk folks to the target but there will be a limited number of sighters pre shoot just like nra highpower.

whenit gets time for signup i have a pistol and rimfire folks can use. im not sure about a long range since im not sure how i feel about folks shooting my reloads.

Yeah, I'd be bringing whatever ammo. Depending on when we close on a house, I may have my medium-long rifle by the timeframe you're looking at.

I'm considering a rem 700 in .308 as a starter rifle into shooting beyond 200 yards. If we close on a house by Christmas, I'll have it built by Valentines day and should have time to dial it in by March when you sound like you're interested in having the shoot.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yeah, I'd be bringing whatever ammo. Depending on when we close on a house, I may have my medium-long rifle by the timeframe you're looking at.

I'm considering a rem 700 in .308 as a starter rifle into shooting beyond 200 yards. If we close on a house by Christmas, I'll have it built by Valentines day and should have time to dial it in by March when you sound like you're interested in having the shoot.

we happened to get crops out early so i could have it right now if i had planned it. normally harvest runs to close to deer season so i have to do it just before planting starts. plus i leave for a wyoming pronghorn hunt in a couple weeks and dont have a load developed for the rifle im taking so ill be working on that every spare monent i have

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm thinking Mosin Nagant for the Long Range Shoot.:rockwoot: Sights go out to 1200 meters.

This might be the way to go! Cheap entry into long rang.

I would like to come if invited! The format sounds like some fun to me, I wouldn't care if I placed last, I would just enjoy the learning experience.

Farmboy just said the "P" word! Look out for Shooter.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah put me on the list. Idlike to see what my 8mm will do to the steel at longer range. I've shot bobcat steel it at 30ft :D couldn't even dent it!. Plus it'll be fun to see if I can hit long range with my Marlin 60. :ar15:

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    Did somebody say long range shoot? :rockwoot:

Turnandshoot just notified me about this thread so I thought I better raise my hand and be counted. We both had a blast preparing for and participating at the last shoot and I would be really pumped to attend another. This time I'll even get some practice and data for my 22....but I can't speak for turnandshoot...he'll probably just iron sight again....:p

My real passion is for the long range stuff though....could a bonus point system get worked in for cold bore shots at the 600 yard mark? :D

*I better start reloading more .308...I'm gonna need a lot more ammo.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm thinking Mosin Nagant for the Long Range Shoot.:rockwoot: Sights go out to 1200 meters.
    I have no idea why I didn't consider this as my long range option. I have a (repro) 91/30 sniper that is scoped. I need to get it to the 100 yard line to see what kind of groups it is capable of. If the shoot is early in the year and cold enough this would give me an excuse to wear my big furry (Russian looking) hat too.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom