• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We constantly hear about misinformation, disinformation and endless opinions about it's danger. I think what leadership is pushing is really information purification, refining opinions and data to push a desired idea, discarding anything else. They want everything framed in their desired context so when a believer challenges your opinion with "source", there simply won't be any available.

Today we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information Purification Directives

We have created for the first time in all history a garden of pure ideology, where each worker may bloom, secure from the pests of any contradictory thoughts.

Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army on earth.We are one people, with one will, one resolve, one cause.

Our enemies shall talk themselves to death, and we will bury them with their own confusion.

We shall prevail!

Welcome to 1984

hq720.jpg

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We constantly hear about misinformation, disinformation and endless opinions about it's danger. I think what leadership is pushing is really information purification, refining opinions and data to push a desired idea, discarding anything else. They want everything framed in their desired context so when a believer challenges your opinion with "source", there simply won't be any available.

Welcome to 1984

View attachment 386324
    Dead on balls accurate

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county

Now you can no longer see what history was and now what it is.

Wikipedia is much different than when I attempted to archive it before the world ended in 1999. I think I have it somewhere on a hard drive on a windows 95 machine in the garage.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I remember when ISIS would destroy monuments and historical sites when they were ravaging the Middle East. They did it for a reason,

Shortly after we began to see the removal of historical monuments here, in the USA along with the rewriting of our American history, for the same reasons.

Coincidentally, Obama seemingly has his fingerprints on both.

Today we are seeing the results.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah but it also sounds like a movie memory is being tickled in the back of the brain....Yes I know that is not a lot to go on
    From a DDG search:

Unburdened by What Has Been​

Based on the provided search results, the phrase “unburdened by what has been” is not a direct quote from a movie. Instead, it appears to be a phrase coined by Kamala Harris, the Vice President of the United States, in a speech or statement.
    The phrase has been interpreted and analyzed by various individuals and sources, with some suggesting it may be related to Marxist ideology or the idea of moving forward without being held back by past burdens. However, there is no evidence to suggest it originated from a specific movie quote.
    Here are some key points summarizing the search results:
    1. Kamala Harris has used the phrase “what can be, unburdened by what has been” in various speeches and statements, including one about young children seeing themselves represented in politics.
    2. The phrase has been analyzed and interpreted by experts, with some linking it to Marxist ideology or the idea of moving forward without being held back by past burdens.
    3. There is no evidence to suggest the phrase originated from a specific movie quote.
    4. The phrase has been used in memes and online discussions, often in a humorous or ironic context.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A true conservative is not 'burdened by what has been'. A true conservative accepts the lessons of history from 'what has been' and seeks to keep what has worked in the past as well as being deeply skeptical of reckless change without rationale or provenance

Communism does not wish to be 'burdened by what has been' because 'what has been' for them is an unbroken record of abject failure accompanied by the murder of millions

That's a tough sell

Top Bottom