• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am a law abiding citizen as well, but there was that one time an Indiana trooper stuck his Beretta in my ear.

At a picnic with the Old Lady?

We were getting' ready
    To shake out that place
    When the Illinois state trooper
    Got in my face
    He said, "You're on private property"
    But once he cooled down, he was OK
    Sometimes you're golden, man
    That's all I got to say

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Like when I am watching Fox59 and Ray keeps saying a white police officer has shot a black man, each and every time they report they have to go out of their way to fuel the fire, I will spit in that guys face if I ever see him in the street, good little puppets they are...

yes, finally hearing the same thing the little voice in my head says when I see the crappy interviews that are just for drama effect... I even emailed 59 once over one of these shootings.. report fairly , not barely... media sensationalism fanning the fire of drama for ratings points.. drop a couple of the "journalists" overseas in a hot spot and let them report.. take the I cant breathe chanters with them for back up.. just saying.:dunno:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, what the media won't tell you because it isn't real interesting and doesn't suit the narrative.

One guy tried to start a "can't breath" chant. No one joined in.

Many people gathered to look on. Some had questions. Granted I was busy with other things, but I saw no fights, no scuffles, no one attempt to enter the crime scene, no one damage property, nothing that could remotely be described as "riot impending behavior." ERG wasn't even started until the shots were fired nearby. That's when the cops with long guns showed up and set up around the perimeter. That was several hours after the police action.

I talked to dozens of people that live on the street where it happened. None were openly hostile, many didn't want to be involved. Many were pro police without knowing any relevant facts other than what they personally knew but wouldn't give their names or contact info. These are not people who are going to talk to the media. You won't see them or hear from them, so as far as the narrative goes they don't exist.

I do not speak for the department or the citizenry or anyone but myself. From what I witnessed and from what I have experienced I do not foresee any widespread issues, now or as the facts of the incident become public. I think the people of Indy are generally decent people, that our cops are generally of a high caliber, and that relationships between the two are better than in many other cities. I've been wrong before, but I'm confident you aren't going to see a Ferguson or the like here stemming from this incident for those reasons as well as the facts of the incident itself.
    I agree with everything you said! But I've also encountered a couple pretty crappy examples of law enforcement officers.
    There are good and bad in EVERY profession, but I belive we have some of the BEST cops around!

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    My analogy. Yes, I know, analogies suck. But I'm using one anyway.
    Thugs/criminals/whatever are bigger fish in a small pond.
    They get used to the small fish being afraid of them.
    They fail to realize, some of those fish are wearing muzzles (rules/laws), and are really sharks.
    Forgetting that, they cross a line, and the muzzles come off.
    The big fish get eaten, wondering what went wrong.
    Makes sense to me, well except sharks with muzzles, got a hoot outa picturing that one :):

tame.jpg

Top Bottom