• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At the risk of revealing the depths of my cynicism, I will point out that there will be an important mayoral election in November. How big of a role does that have in how the subject of crime is treated by local media?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We are seeing more and more agitators at our critical incident scenes, something that was VERY uncommon. They are getting more brazen. Also, this is the Brightwood/Martindale area. This is the same general area that Dave Moore was killed, Perry Renn was killed, and Greg Milburn was shot, now this incident...which could have easily been another officer killed but thankfully the LEOs won that battle. This area straddles East District and North District. It seems like this area needs more attention than we are giving it.

It "needs" a bulldozer. But then the roaches would just scatter to other areas I'm afraid.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I believe there were multiple non-LEO witnesses to this shooting and I will believe their testimony over that of "friends and family" telling the media how good of a boy he was and that the fact that he was killed by white police is relevant to anything.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I can only think of one time I ever saw a family witness on TV that did not say the criminal was a wonderful, productive member of society. I did see one a few years back that said the guy was always kind of a loner and they were worried that something like this (the crime and shootout) was going to happen because of his drug use. I could not believe the media aired that interview.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can only think of one time I ever saw a family witness on TV that did not say the criminal was a wonderful, productive member of society. I did see one a few years back that said the guy was always kind of a loner and they were worried that something like this (the crime and shootout) was going to happen because of his drug use. I could not believe the media aired that interview.

I know, right? Wouldn't it be refreshing to hear them interview friends and family that all said, "Yep, he was a dirtbag. Crazy as a loon. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened to him."

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was in War Zone D (24th and NJ) a couple of weeks ago when we were trying to get into Tinker. It was packed and so we had to go back to Broad Ripple. But my jaw hit the sidewalk when I saw how that neighborhood is--beautiful houses, people with clean clothes without Thunderbird bottles, pushing baby strollers, it was amazing.
    HA, I know right?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I believe there were multiple non-LEO witnesses to this shooting and I will believe their testimony over that of "friends and family" telling the media how good of a boy he was and that the fact that he was killed by white police is relevant to anything.
    You are correct.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ah, now they're starting. Watching interviews on WTHR now and his friends and/or cousins are sticking up for him. "He only ran because he was scared." "Yes, he carried a gun, but it was only for self protection. He would never pull a gun on police." (Nevermind that he was a convicted felon that was not allowed to carry a gun legally.) :rolleyes:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    A large percentage of folks who have run from me and my colleagues have claimed they only ran because they were scared. I 100% believe they were scared, scared of getting caught being turds and getting sent back to prison...

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Saw the story on the local news up hear when I got home from work. Was glad no officer was seriously hurt. Also glad it was a good shoot, but I kind of expected it would be since it happened in Indy.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Since they released the info at the press conference I can talk about it, there was a body camera on one of the officers and a witness to the incident took cell phone video. This will be the first time we've had a body camera to document such an incident. The videos were turned over to the prosecutors office who will release them to the media at some point.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Since they released the info at the press conference I can talk about it, there was a body camera on one of the officers and a witness to the incident took cell phone video. This will be the first time we've had a body camera to document such an incident. The videos were turned over to the prosecutors office who will release them to the media at some point.

That is great, from a non-LEO standpoint I think the body cam is going to be a saving grace for officers, we know they are good guys 99% of the time and the cam will prove that point, the way it is now the police are made to look bad to the public and we are shown the thugs preschool photos and not the ones of him holding a high point while holding a wad of cash in the other hand all the while the momma goes on the news talking about what a good boy he was and that he would never do harm...

The camera shows what a piece of **** the trash is and the officer was in the right 100% win/win.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    For some weird reason I've gone my whole life without any LEO pointing a gun in my face letting alone shooting at me. I must be one of those crazy law abiding citizens or something.

I am a law abiding citizen as well, but there was that one time an Indiana trooper stuck his Beretta in my ear.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Like when I am watching Fox59 and Ray keeps saying a white police officer has shot a black man, each and every time they report they have to go out of their way to fuel the fire, I will spit in that guys face if I ever see him in the street, good little puppets they are...

I think you mean "you would like to, spit in his face," but you have a little more sense than to catch an easily avoidable "battery by bodily waste" charge.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's axiomatic that the family will stick up for one of their own getting himself killed while being a hoodlum, but the few who don't call their little miscreant a little angel instead will describe him as someone who was troubled, but "he was just about to turn the corner and get back on the straight and narrow."
    Just as axiomatic, the media can be counted on to behave discgracefully.

Top Bottom