• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yeah...it's called an immediate detention. I do about one or two a week it seems. Oh...and due to HIPA laws I doubt the details that led to him being IDed will be disclosed.
    IC 12-26-4-1
    Law enforcement officers; authority to apprehend, transport, and charge an individual with a mental illness
    Sec. 1. A law enforcement officer, having reasonable grounds to believe that an individual has a mental illness, is dangerous, and is in immediate need of hospitalization and treatment, may do the following:
    (1) Apprehend and transport the individual to the nearest appropriate facility. The individual may not be transported to a state institution.
    (2) Charge the individual with an offense if applicable.
    As added by P.L.2-1992, SEC.20. Amended by P.L.40-1994, SEC.55; P.L.99-2007, SEC.129.

IC 35-47-14-1

"Dangerous"
    Sec. 1. (a) For the purposes of this chapter, an individual is "dangerous" if:
    (1) the individual presents an imminent risk of personal injury to the individual or to another individual; or
    (2) the individual may present a risk of personal injury to the individual or to another individual in the future and the individual:
    (A) has a mental illness (as defined in IC 12-7-2-130) that may be controlled by medication, and has not demonstrated a pattern of voluntarily and consistently taking the individual's medication while not under supervision; or
    (B) is the subject of documented evidence that would give rise to a reasonable belief that the individual has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct.
    (b) The fact that an individual has been released from a mental health facility or has a mental illness that is currently controlled by medication does not establish that the individual is dangerous for the purposes of this chapter.
    As added by P.L.1-2006, SEC.537.

IC 35-47-14-2
    Warrant to search for firearm in possession of dangerous individual
    Sec. 2. A circuit or superior court may issue a warrant to search for and seize a firearm in the possession of an individual who is dangerous if:
    (1) a law enforcement officer provides the court a sworn affidavit that:
    (A) states why the law enforcement officer believes that the individual is dangerous and in possession of a firearm; and
    (B) describes the law enforcement officer's interactions and conversations with:
    (i) the individual who is alleged to be dangerous; or
    (ii) another individual, if the law enforcement officer believes that information obtained from this individual is credible and reliable;
    that have led the law enforcement officer to believe that the individual is dangerous and in possession of a firearm;
    (2) the affidavit specifically describes the location of the firearm; and
    (3) the circuit or superior court determines that probable cause exists to believe that the individual is:
    (A) dangerous; and
    (B) in possession of a firearm.
    As added by P.L.1-2006, SEC.537.

IC 35-47-14-3
    Warrantless seizure of firearm from individual believed to be dangerous
    Sec. 3. (a) If a law enforcement officer seizes a firearm from an individual whom the law enforcement officer believes to be dangerous without obtaining a warrant, the law enforcement officer shall submit to the circuit or superior court having jurisdiction over the individual believed to be dangerous a written statement under oath or affirmation describing the basis for the law enforcement officer's belief that the individual is dangerous.
    (b) The court shall review the written statement submitted under subsection (a). If the court finds that probable cause exists to believe that the individual is dangerous, the court shall order the law enforcement agency having custody of the firearm to retain the firearm. If the court finds that there is no probable cause to believe that the individual is dangerous, the court shall order the law enforcement agency having custody of the firearm to return the firearm to the individual.
    (c) This section does not authorize a law enforcement officer to perform a warrantless search or seizure if a warrant would otherwise be required.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I'm screwed.

Between my truck and dog trailer I typically have a couple handguns, a shotgun, a rifle, a copy or 2 of a LTCH, & 2 (yeah 2) range finders ..... I must be plotting taking over the whole state....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    The word "weapon" is kind of my new "clip". Nothing is a weapon until it's used in a malicious way. Now, using that same logic, I can smack the :poop: out of someone with a feather pillow, while my guns are locked in the safe. The pillow would be a weapon and the guns would still be a harmless, recreational and defensive tool. But try to explain that to the media. If you aren't in the military or on the offensive, their are no "weapons".

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm screwed.

Between my truck and dog trailer I typically have a couple handguns, a shotgun, a rifle, a copy or 2 of a LTCH, & 2 (yeah 2) range finders ..... I must be plotting taking over the whole state....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can you be found sitting and watching people come and go from private property and when the police question you would you act like you're a bit off?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    It is the 5th floor FWIW.:D And there is more with to the story then what is being released. Trust me:ingo:
    damn I knew that... I'm sure there is more, I just don't like the way it was handled. Having legal firearms on your person, regardless what you are doing should not equal a 24 hour hold... now if you have legal firearms and you are going around saying you are the second son of God, then yes, that should get you a hold. I don't like the way the Herald times reports things without all the facts, and I also know first hand that BPD and MCSD are, for the large part, not very friendly to those of us who exercise our 2A rights.

I'm sure this guy probably does have some issues, but for the love of Christ can we not get all the facts before we start plastering all over the front page?! Furthermore, I would like the media to get back to the whole un-biased reporting of news, not demonizing tools because too many soccer moms get their panties in a bunch at the sight of a firearm!!! :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad: :ranton:

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Can you be found sitting and watching people come and go from private property and when the police question you would you act like you're a bit off?

Relax man, its a joke, and a stab at the "so called" media today. We all now there is more to the story and whats being put out by the media is inaccurate at best...

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Relax man, its a joke, and a stab at the "so called" media today. We all now there is more to the story and whats being put out by the media is inaccurate at best...
    Exactly.
    I really don't have a big problem with the police doing their job, which I am convinced is what happened here.
    I have a REAL problem with the way the media handled it and all of the misrepresentation in that article,

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly.
    I really don't have a big problem with the police doing their job, which I am convinced is what happened here.
    I have a REAL problem with the way the media handled it and all of the misrepresentation in that article,

Everything is "Spin-Spin-Spin" towards an agenda.
    40 guns is no real amount as I know many who own more. Splash the headlines and scare Mr. & Mrs. america into line with the rest of the sheeple. Pathetic but it is working. Look around.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Now that's a pile of scary looking guns they found at his home. I bet there were some evil semi-automatics in there!

31341584_640X480.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom