• ...and so much more!
  • JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I went today and saw what I needed to see in about 30 minutes. I did get a free cup of coffee. The attendance was light and several empty tables. I didn't see any money changing hands. It was mostly the same old people selling the same old hardware to the same old people. it was mostly Individuals doing weekend private sales. Prices are high every where you go. But, these weekend warriors are taking advantage of the shortage and coming up with some prices that are just un real at times. There must be a love fest going on with Colt handguns. I think about every table had a few at prices somewhere beyond this planet. Still no retailers with anything of current production. Demand must still be greater than supply. Ever now and then' you find something that catches your eye. I found a really nice used Ruger DA revolver at the Greenfield show last month. It was a real fine. I guess that's why I keep going back. You never know what you'll find.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I normally don't go to that part of town specially after the downtown mess, but I made a triple stop at the Stout Field, Pro Fire and Plainfield Shooting Supply.

the gunshow has the highest prices pretty much on everything. on primers, they wanted $45+tx, which is $5 more than PSS and $10 more than August 1500.

$60 for 555 22lr is normal.

no, thanks.

the crazy thing is that the same vendor was at the 1500 and I bought a box CCI small rifle and pistol for$ 33 from them. I was at Cabela's in Columbus, OH last weekend and they had CCI small pistol on sale for $29.99. So, I picked up a box. Cabela's had the most primers I think I ever saw in stick at once.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes it was at Stout field. Minnesota St. I went it was the same old thing to me. A bunce of guys wanting new prices for used guns and the new guns you can get on line cheaper even after the paying of a ffl dealer. I saw one guy had a price of Credit card price and cash price. I checked some of rifles he was selling it was $40 or more if you used Credit. I also looked at ammo and I couldn't believe some prices. So after driving 50 miles,$12 (my wife went also) to get in and I felt that it was not productive today.
    Hey, a bad day at a gun show is still better than a good day at work! Well, unless you work at a gun shop I suppose... :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw one of these today... I want! It's a FN M49... 8mm semi-auto. :drool:

FN-49.jpg

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    It was really weird. Some dude was arguing with a chick at the reload booth saying she doesn't charge tax and thats not legal ? Several tables of people with stuff that if you sold everything on the table it would not cover there $45 table fee. The dealer in the small room in the corner with his 4-6 tables full of mags that looked like they were used in a Ron Jeremy sex orgy charging 1.5X-2.5X times what new ones go for. And As I already mentioned the dude selling already way overpriced Gander Mountain ammo for 50% more then what Gander robs people for. And I still cant believe I saw a used High Point for $230 that looked like it was used in a gay Ron Jeremy sex orgy. There was the dealer in the big room near the loading dock that was open who had some decent deals on Glocks. He the Glock 17's with ISP night sights for $500, glock 27's in good shape with night sights for $479, Glock 26 for $489. All GEN 3's. Of course he would have taken less.

I also understand people charging more for CC sales, in some cases. I would not, but if they want to fine. But when you are charging 10% more for a credit card transaction and Square is charging you less then 2% ? That I don't get. Taking CC is a way to increase sales and it only costs 1.75% thru Square and you get the money in 24 hours. The one dealer had a cash price of $419 for a Mossberg 22lr or a CC price of $479?? $60 more and it's costing him less then $10 in CC fees if he is using Square. The guy with the KSG in the the big room at the south corner of the room, if he wasn't charging more for CC sales, and came down a couple hundred off his crazy ass prices I would have got that on an impulse buy. BTW those Kel-Tec KSG's weigh a crap ton more then what I thought. I also saw more Remington 870's then ever. It seemed every table that had long guns had a Remington 870 at the table. And everyone of them had rust on them.

I also never understand why people carry signs when selling. I didn't have a sign and got asked by at least 15 people if I was selling my Glock, I never asked, I never approached anyone, I never do. And I sold it, and it was on a dealer table as soon as I did, even though the dude I sold it to was not a dealer. I've never had any issues ever at any shows selling what I brought to sell. And I didn't have to walk around with a damn sign on a stick. BUt to each there own, if a sign on a stick or your backpack works, great for you.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Went for the first time and ended up in the small room. I thought this was the show and felt I got ripped off of $6 until I walked out the hallway and saw other people walking around another corner there was the huge room! I walked around and the only thing I saw that I thought was a great price was a Hi-Point 4595TSRD for $298 and I think it was new (it still had all the stickers) - some guy had already bought it. I couldn't believe the prices. Most were higher than the one I went to in Kokomo a couple of weeks ago. I saw a SR22 I recently purchased that was $$449 ($120 more than what I paid)!! I thought I could do a trade with a pistol I had with me but I figured I'd get lowballed in this place.
    I walked around looking for some AR parts and there weren't very many and the ones I looked at were more than what I found online. I heard alot of Gander gossip over at the ammo table section. Most were saying the ammo on sale were already sold out at Gander. I saw a box of 20 .223 for $20!! Wow...
    I went to Bradis afterwards since it was nearby and I had a better time looking there than at the show. I ALMOST bought a Mossberg 500 shotgun w/pistol grip or a Zastava NPAP polymer. Maybe I'll return after some research. Anyway, I checked out two shows with two sponsors. Guess I'll go for the third at the 1500 next month.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just returned from the show, not near as good as usual. Did see one individual with a 1400 round bucket of .22 Rem ($69.99 at Rural King) high pressure selling for $150.00, no takers wonder why. Well the best was seen last, a nib S&W Sigma sw9ve for the low cash price of $550.00. Sure wish I had taken more money.
    The only exchange of money I saw was at the door. Some day normal times may return.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ended up going to Gander today to return a Nikon P-223 BDC. Decided to go by their ammo and I was surprised it didn't sellout. I bought the Fiocchi .223 for $19.99 (50 in box) and the CCI .22 for $3.99 (50 in box). The Remington .22 for 19.99 (525 in box) were all gone.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Ended up going to Gander today to return a Nikon P-223 BDC. Decided to go by their ammo and I was surprised it didn't sellout. I bought the Fiocchi .223 for $19.99 (50 in box) and the CCI .22 for $3.99 (50 in box). The Remington .22 for 19.99 (525 in box) were all gone.

With the exception of 22LR there shelfs have been full for about 4 weeks. No need to wait outside. Wal-Mart is a different story. But Wal-Mart does not rape you as Gander is very proud to do. WIth a smile.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom